R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #871
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBR View Post
Alright!! I got my Cyclone S ordered from Speedtech so it should be here in a few days. Can't wait to start racing touring cars again. Have not raced those since they became popular in the early 90's. Probably going to run it stock for awhile, then upgrade, would you guys recommend starting with the drivetrain or suspension? I will only be running in the stock class.

Thanks,

Phil
Phil, I would put a spool in and change the centre layshaft to the one off the Cyclone TC/WCE which is steel, you will need the 16t metal pulleys as well as the middle plate. See part numbers below. Now if your running 17.5 brushless you will need to buy the 18t pulleys instead so you can achieve the high rollouts. Youll need longer belts with the 18t pulleys.

#hb70743 - CENTRE SHAFT (DIRECT)
#66492 - CENTRE PULLEY 18T
#66493 - FRONT BELT 510 (170T)
#66494 - REAR BELT 189 (63T)
#61324 - SPUR GEAR HUB (PURPLE)
#hb70725 - CENTRE PULLEY (16T)

SPOOL
#61086 - FRONT SOLID AXLE SET Ver.3 (BLACK) Cyclone
#61087 - SOLID AXLE CUP (STEEL/2pcs) Cyclone
#61403 - UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT SET (VER.2/BLACK/2PCS) CYCLONE
#61398 - 44MM HEAVY DUTY UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT VER.2 (FRONT/STEEL/2PCS) VER.2 (FRONT/STEEL/2PCS)

Enjoy mate, I found the S was a lot more stable than the TC plus you dont get any tweak

Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #872
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hmm comment about the tweak vazzo.

To me the major disadvantage of the S was the weight, but with lipo that is no longer a problem
Oh i also had one of the chassis' break at the rear.

Pity i dont have any more tubs, it might be easier for me to buy a new kit!
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Well guys, downhere in my country its impossible to get locally pinions and spurs so i ordered from rcmart.com this ones :

Kawada brand spurs 66T, 68T and 70T
Kawada brand pinions 32T, 34T and 36T

All in 48 pitch, hope to nail it with it because if not i have to reorder and wait 3 weeks lol !!

thanks for all guys, your posts and private messages has been great help on this my first time on electric touring ...

cya !!

Pat
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #874
Tech Regular

Looking for some experienced cyclone s owners to give me some advice to boost my lap times,it seems my car is all it can do fo now and can do no better,my lap times are consistant in intermediate class but want advice on how to achieve faster lap times.Right now my set-up is factory but i am using hpi comp shocks with pro linier pink springs in the front with 50 weight and pro linier green springs using 55 weight in the back,front droop is 5mm and rear is 6mm and front ride height is 5mm and rear is 6mm,zero toe in the front and 1.5 camber front wheels and 2 degree in the back using mamba max 5700 turned down to 65% do to small track and using a reedy 5000 lipo and car is well ballanced.I'm running on sorex 28-36r pre-mounts and was told inserts are med and low profile mounted on speedmind.My cars seems hook up as good as the others i race against on the swooping turns but in the tight infield most seem to be quicker and more hooked as mine seems to push,i notice since running the sorex's my car looks like its pogoing a bit,does this meen i need to use softer springs?as of now i'm kinda in the med area according to hpi website for spring firmness,would and aftermarket servo be advised something with more speed and torque.Sorry for all the questions.Thanks guys.
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #875
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
Looking for some experienced cyclone s owners to give me some advice to boost my lap times,it seems my car is all it can do fo now and can do no better,my lap times are consistant in intermediate class but want advice on how to achieve faster lap times.Right now my set-up is factory but i am using hpi comp shocks with pro linier pink springs in the front with 50 weight and pro linier green springs using 55 weight in the back,front droop is 5mm and rear is 6mm and front ride height is 5mm and rear is 6mm,zero toe in the front and 1.5 camber front wheels and 2 degree in the back using mamba max 5700 turned down to 65% do to small track and using a reedy 5000 lipo and car is well ballanced.I'm running on sorex 28-36r pre-mounts and was told inserts are med and low profile mounted on speedmind.My cars seems hook up as good as the others i race against on the swooping turns but in the tight infield most seem to be quicker and more hooked as mine seems to push,i notice since running the sorex's my car looks like its pogoing a bit,does this meen i need to use softer springs?as of now i'm kinda in the med area according to hpi website for spring firmness,would and aftermarket servo be advised something with more speed and torque.Sorry for all the questions.Thanks guys.
Take sway bars off. move rear shocks out at the top.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #876
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

are you still using dogbones? If so try getting some universals (especially for the front)...

Also you may want to check if the people who are faster than you are using a front one-way.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:32 AM   #877
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
are you still using dogbones? If so try getting some universals (especially for the front)...

Also you may want to check if the people who are faster than you are using a front one-way.
i'm using the WEC MIP CVD'S.Not sure about the one-way though.What about the bouncing.I just went from a med spring setting to a lighter one,still running 55 wt oil in the front with 50 in the back and i just laid the front shocks down one hole cause it seems twitchy and will put the rear shocks to the most vertical hole.Hope moving the front shocks down wont make it push more,cause from my initial set-up it had quick turn-in that i would like to turn down but pushed slightly in the infield i want to iliminate.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:33 AM   #878
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Take sway bars off. move rear shocks out at the top.
No sway bars here.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #879
YBR
Tech Rookie

Alright!! I got my kit and almost have it ready to go!! Can't wait to start racing this thing.
YBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #880
Tech Master

Questions??

Could anybody tell me if using Reedy 5000 should modifying the chassis?

Best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #881
Tech Elite

yes mac you would have to dremel the part at the back that the battery touches a mm or so and it should fit in. I'm pretty sure the top deck is fine.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #882
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just picked up a "Tub"-couldn't resist the price,should be here nxt week.I'll be racing outdoor asphalt 13.5 rubber.Gonna race it bx stock till something givesThis will be my first real TC race in 7yrs-.Been runnin 1/8 a lot,lol .My xxx-s has been a great car but parts (although nothing ever broke besides 1 spindle&c hub)are getting to be a concern.hope all the hype is true.I'll be up against some of the best(hot shoes) on the east coast.Anyone ever have an issue w/the plastic chassis warping from the motor heat ala tc3??
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #883
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
yes mac you would have to dremel the part at the back that the battery touches a mm or so and it should fit in. I'm pretty sure the top deck is fine.
You mean the right side of middle block, thanks!
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 AM   #884
MD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

GasGod - I didn't have any issues with the chassis. I had two issues. The steering turnbuckles are small and tend to pull out of the ball cup. I have broken one or two steering knuckles. When you buy the knuckles you get one steering knuckle and one rear hub. So I have got a few extra rear hubs.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #885
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could anybody tell me if using Reedy 5000 should modifying the chassis?

Best regards
i use that exact battery and it fits perfect in there like it was made for it and the good thing about it is the battery sits furthest out meaning have to use much less lead weights to balance it out.