R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Results may vary. I ordered on a sunday and had my stuff Wednesday. You have to order via email. You may email steve at speedtech and see when he expects some back in stock.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Aight Aight!

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wouldve thought a brushless would put more stress on a diff than what i am running (Stock/19T). I have a friend who used to always complain about that happening to his TC3, i'll ask him if he ever worked out what was causing it but i dont think he knew.

From looking around i didnt think there were many hotbodies parts around, maybe they were talking about the HPI suspension parts???? Tower only just started stocking their stuff i think in the last couple of weeks.

RC Champ is http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/ however they only have a Japanese website. I always email them at champ_international@yahoo.co.jp
If i get an order finalised on Friday before their postal run, i find that the delivery gets to me on Monday morning in Australia

Note they charge 4% extra for paypal (but their prices are relatively cheap) which is how they charge. Also they dont seem to work on Mondays and sometimes they can take 24-48 hours to respond.

I am also going to be getting 3racing hop ups. There is a site www.rcstation.com which seems to be getting their hop ups in as quick as 3racing is listing them and cheaper. However, i have never dealt with them before. Also i spoke to someone on the weekend who seemed to say that 3racing stuff wasnt very strong but my impression was he had 1 hop up for i think a TB-02 or something, break. Anyway i'm hoping thats a one off thing.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Stormer Hobbies seems to have a pretty good supply of parts in stock.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #185
Tech Master

Quote:
RC Champ is http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/ however they only have a Japanese website. I always email them at champ_international@yahoo.co.jp
How do you know what they have and how much it costs? Do you email them first with questions or just order and hope they have the part you want?

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #186
Tech Elite

Yeah with RC Champ i just email them and ask them for a quote. They dont have a single product list with everything they sell but they MAY have one for the Cyclone I guess i should ask them.....

They did seem to be lacking in some parts as a result of supply from the factory but as i was after the parts quickly and didnt ask them how long it would take to get them in.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:49 AM   #187
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=mangoman]I wouldve thought a brushless would put more stress on a diff than what i am running (Stock/19T). I have a friend who used to always complain about that happening to his TC3, i'll ask him if he ever worked out what was causing it but i dont think he knew.
QUOTE]

Now that would be weird, but my Pro 4 ran flawlessly with the same GTB/4.5. I bought built (used) diffs for my Pro4 and they lasted run after run even AFTER my car was run over by a cab. Please dont say that only stock and 19t are good for electric and that the diffs cannot handle the stress of brushless; that only gives the nitro cats credence that electric cars are for kids and nitro are where the big dogs play.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #188
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwellst

ive seen people run tc3 diffs and had them loosen up under stock, 19t, 8t and brushless motors. ive also seen people set them up right (no offense to those that loosen up) and they last for a long time time. if you can build a tamiya diff and it not loosen up then you can build any diff and it not loosen up.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #189
Tech Adept

I snapped the front diff screw tonight with a few seconds of practice runs. Very strange. I never saw that coming.
bigair78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #190
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by moot
here is a section of a post taken from another forum:

In order to fix this onto the layshaft though, you will need to get the same layshaft as the higher end Cyclones, which also means you will need to get a new spur gear adapter (also aluminium) in order to do the modification. What you will need is:

1 x HB70743 (Direct Layshaft)
1 x HB70711 (Spur Gear Hub)
2 x HB70725 (16T Direct Pulley)

I would also recommend getting the Spur Gear Support Plate (Carbon) which will help keep your spur gear running true. The part number for that one is HB70733.

That should resolve the belt pulley issues as its the same as what is run on the Original Cyclone, as well as the Surikarn and Hara Edition Cyclones

I am in the process of trying to use these. A few notes and questions. The pulley's don't come with grub screws to use. I pulled some from my pinions. Next the shaft seems a little shorter and has a lot of play from side to side. Per the standard cyclones intructions you don't use any spacers. But I don't see how you can do it without. Honestly I don't know if that setup will work without updating what holds the bearings in place. Has anyone else upgraded to this yet?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigair78
I am in the process of trying to use these. A few notes and questions. The pulley's don't come with grub screws to use. I pulled some from my pinions. Next the shaft seems a little shorter and has a lot of play from side to side. Per the standard cyclones intructions you don't use any spacers. But I don't see how you can do it without. Honestly I don't know if that setup will work without updating what holds the bearings in place. Has anyone else upgraded to this yet?
i got both the S and hara cyclone, ill see if i can put the hara layshaft and pullies on the S and i will let you know if you can or cant.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #192
Tech Adept

Do you have the direct layshaft or the layshaft for the one way. Either way can you snap a shot of it assebled for me while you have it out. I want to see one assembled. Man just doesn't seem right. However, the spur is now the worst thing I have going on right now. I have this broke diff screw to contend with. I hope my package with my spool makes it tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:29 PM   #193
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

the layshaft with the pullies should fit on your car mate, it fits on mine. Place it in the holders then adjust the pullies so theres no movement. Ill take a pic latter today.

I have both direct and one way lay shafts, atm i have the locked in the car.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #194
Tech Master

Either shaft will drop right in, no problem.
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 PM   #195
Tech Master

HPI grub screw part number Z700.
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote