Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which speed control for T2007??? Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Which speed control for T2007??? Help

Ok here's the scoop guys. We have a new carpet track opening in town here in a couple of weeks. I have all of my gear minus the speedo. I've been eyeing the LRP sphere competition. Now I see they have a 2007 version and heard rumors of a touring car version. Is this all true? What are the differences? The first motor going in my car is just a checkpoint 19t. I've been thinking the sphere would be a good idea in case I wanted to give brushless a try as well. What do you guys think? Do these work well for brushed motors as well? Is LRP even the way to go? I'm a bit lost here. When I was racing before I was using a V7.1 so it's been a while. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

I would recommend the KO VFS-1. I don't run brushless so I haven't a clue about the abilities of those ESC's. Plus the KO will fit anywhere.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mamba Max ESC
Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Something small such as the KO or LRP Q2 will work the best for you, the novak GTX will also work however finding a place for the cap can be a bit hard if your RX is large. However if you are using a spektrum micro RX ignore everything I said because any speedo will fit. Including the Tekin G11.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you should be fine with the Sphere plus it will provide you the easiest option to run either brushed or brushless. perfromance wise it should be up there with the rest even if you run brushed. i believe even top dogs run the sphere with brushed motors with no dip in performance

..... i could be wrong but i believe paul lemieux ran it at the worlds with his brushed mod ... and we all know he manged to finished 3rd overall.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

using GM SX9 or SX12W will work good, the size is smaller than QC2 or VFS 1