Wiki Posts
Search

R113ip

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 AM
DsD
Tech Rookie

R113ip

Does the R113ip receiver have to powered or the power slot jumped to run? I bought a 3pk radio that came with a r113ip receiver that doesnt seem to function I did set the radio to PCM when I tried it and nothing. The transmitter works with my other FM receivers on PPM. On another note the module in the 3PK is FP-PK-KM receiver and module are both 75 mhz. I'm new to the 3PK so any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No, you don't have to jumper anything on this receiver. I use the R113ip in all my nitro cars for the built in failsafe.

How are you powering the receiver?

Is the receive crystal OK?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
DsD
Tech Rookie

Default powering

I'm powering it from my tekin speed control to the #2 slot. I have ran all of my other recevers this way with no problems. I swaped crystals as well still nothing. I dont even get the usual servo glitch when you power on after connecting a battery.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With the speed control plugged into the ch2 slot, it should work. If you're sure the crystals are good, then there are 2 possibilities. One the receiver is junk, or two the voltage regulator in the speed control is blown.

When you turn on the speedo, there should be an LED that lights showing it has power. If that's not coming on then it's probably the speedo. If it does come on, then you have to check if the receiver is getting power.

You can also try swapping the receiver and the speedo with stuff you know works.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

It's either your receiver, crystal or speedo.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
DsD
Tech Rookie

Default must be the receiver

It must be the receiver (damm). The radio works fine with my other receivers and that particular crystal set works in my other stuff as well. I kind of figured it was a dead recevier but thought I would check it out by posting my problem to make sure I hadn't overlooked something since I hadn't ran PCM receiver before. Thanks for the replies.

DsD