Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Indoor Champs 2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks EA I am glad you were enjoyed yourself this year.As far as the track being bumpy we work hard all week to get it sorted out by the end it was not too bad.Thanks to crew for thier hard work at 3 am to get it much better.I am glad tech was much better all around I know several people worked very hard reworking it and so forth so that it was good for everyone.But that all being said we will still try to improve things again for next year.We will start working on it again in about 3 months lol.

On another note you tuned a motor for my main I have to say it was totally the best motor I have ran in awhile.Sadly I couldn't find you on sunday to thank you in person.

Bill Aholt Jr.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks to all who came to the Indoor Champs again this year, and a special thanks to all who helped out and our sponsors. I think we should try to make #28 next year, what do you think?

chuck
Old 11-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Someone let us know when you get all results posted (not just the A mains). It would be nice to see them all on one page (per class), so you can search for racer names, like this. Having the chassis information (or more) would be nice to see as well.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

All Mains Results at:

http://www.rcscoringpro.com/results/...esults2006.htm
Old 11-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Any video available?

Fast Faisal
Old 11-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

not purrdty but with laptimes even!

http://www.rc50.com/results/2006cleveland/mains.txt
Old 11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default THANKS!!

I'd like to congadulate all the guys that TQ'd and Won at the Champs in Cleveland.
Paul Lemieux - 2 TQ's and 2 Wins in Touring Car. Impressive. Was never passed by another car all weekend.
Barry Baker - HEEEEE'S BAAAACK! Impressive head-up driving Barry. Real happy for you.
Eli Ezrow - 2 TQ's and 2 Wins! Is this guy actually John Force with a bearded disguise? Eli seems to be as consistent in winning this race as Force is at drag race championships.
Josh Cyrul - Winner of 19t 1/12th. Great to see you smiling on that podium.
Protoform was on 6 of 8 TQ cars and A-main winners.

Jon Orr - TQ in Mod 1/12th
Sean Cochran - TQ in 19t 1/12th
Jilles Groskamp - ballistically fast in 1/12th Mod. Next time dude.

A sincere thanks to all the guys listed as well as anyone else that chose Protoform Racebodies at the US Indoor Champs.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just got home from my first US Champs. Interesting race - have never been to an event that had that many drivers. All-in-all aside from some week-long bad luck, had the following positive experiences:

- Jilles Groskamp: one word - CLASS!!! For a top-driver to wake-up as early as he did and race his main with the small group as he did was AWESOME. This guy had some really bad-luck in 19T all weekend, but sucked-it-up and went out to race his main never-the-less. Knowing that he was racing with some drivers that may never get the chance to run with him - and being very courteous about it... Jilles has earned several new fans. The hobby needs more racers like Jilles.... unlike some of the other racers that decided that if they didn't make the A or B main, they were not going to show-up ... I sure hope their sponsors are proud of them

- Paul Lemieux: not only one of the most gifted drivers in the hobby, one of the nicest. One of our local racers made an error in soldering his motor on backwards and only found out right before his qualifier .... the first guy to lend a hand was Paul Lemieux. Another great spokesperson for the hobby. This guy truly deserves all the success that he gets on the track.

- Watching some of the best drivers in the world race live was an experience in itself. To see how close these guys are in hitting their marks time-after-time shows the skill that they have in wheeling RC cars around an unforgiving track.

The US Champs was an experience and I am glad that I made the trip out to Cleveland (well really Independence) to see it first hand.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
I would like to take this time to thank a few people:

First of all a big THANKS goes to Trinity and CRC for sponsoring this event. If it was not for them the Champs may have had the "Last Lap" a few years ago. Second THANKS goes to MR. Bill and ALL the volunteers behind the scenes. Third of all I would like to THANK all my sponsors---JR Propo-SMC-John's BSR tires-Protoform-EA Motorsports-CRC-Corally-Novak Electronics-PRS gears-Bud's-Zubak's Speed Juice-Tres Leonard-Dynamite

THANK YOU ALL
Nice job Eli. Seems you keep getting faster and faster and faster. Awesome job dude. Tell everyone I said hey. Tell Junior I am happy with his touring performance, but we need to talk about 12th scale
Old 11-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all made it home safe and sound.

Another great Champs.

Congratulations to all the winners in the various classes.

See you at the Birds.

Happy Holidays.

SpeedMerchant

PS = Hi Bill. Thank you for grabbing my power supply and Pitbull. Could you please send it to:

SpeedMerchant
19 West Townsend Road
Lunenburg, MA 01462

We kind of forgot it down there with all of the celebrating and picture taking. I'll gladly reimburse you for the shipping.

Thank you.-Bruce
Old 11-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

did someone say video?

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...USIC_Mod_12th_

Last edited by nashrcracer; 11-28-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Buffering...
Old 11-28-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks Nash,

Thats some good stuff !

WTG Barry
Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all made it home safe and sound.

Another great Champs.

Congratulations to all the winners in the various classes.

See you at the Birds.

Happy Holidays.

SpeedMerchant

PS = Hi Bill. Thank you for grabbing my power supply and Pitbull. Could you please send it to:

SpeedMerchant
19 West Townsend Road
Lunenburg, MA 01462

We kind of forgot it down there with all of the celebrating and picture taking. I'll gladly reimburse you for the shipping.

Thank you.-Bruce
Lunenburg ???? I used to live on Flat Hill Road for 18 years ( 83-00 ) and never heard of RC racing until I moved to Northern Virginia ....
I'll see you at the Birds this year.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
I would like to take this time to thank a few people:

First of all a big THANKS goes to Trinity and CRC for sponsoring this event. If it was not for them the Champs may have had the "Last Lap" a few years ago. Second THANKS goes to MR. Bill and ALL the volunteers behind the scenes. Third of all I would like to THANK all my sponsors---JR Propo-SMC-John's BSR tires-Protoform-EA Motorsports-CRC-Corally-Novak Electronics-PRS gears-Bud's-Zubak's Speed Juice-Tres Leonard-Dynamite

THANK YOU ALL

congrats on the double wins old man...
Mo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.