Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which servo is better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Which servo is better?

I've done a search on this forum but I can't seem to find the answer for my question. I have two servos both brand new in box and was wondering which one is better so i can keep that one and sell the other. They are the Futaba S9550 and the S9451. Both are digital, metal geared, coreless high speed/torque servos but I don't know which I should keep. I'm using this for steering in a normal touring car. Thanks for the help guys.

Tony
Old 04-30-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The major difference between the two are torque and size/weight. If you are just going to use the servo in a TC, I would stick with the 9550, just to save space and weight. I have both also, one in each Xray, and can not tell a difference when on the track.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viet_mafia
I've done a search on this forum but I can't seem to find the answer for my question. I have two servos both brand new in box and was wondering which one is better so i can keep that one and sell the other. They are the Futaba S9550 and the S9451. Both are digital, metal geared, coreless high speed/torque servos but I don't know which I should keep. I'm using this for steering in a normal touring car. Thanks for the help guys.

Tony
I would get the 9550, the small size and weight is a tremendous help for setting up your cars electronics. I have had two of these servo's in my TC's for years and have never had a problem, they work flawlessly.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm pretty convinced that the s9550 is the best bang for the buck... check this out: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110588
Old 04-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rampal
I'm pretty convinced that the s9550 is the best bang for the buck... check this out: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110588
I think he had both the servo just wandering which is better between the two