R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Lipo selection questions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/112166-lipo-selection-questions.html)

Aluma 04-30-2006 02:42 AM

Lipo selection questions

I want to get started with a Lipo pack, but have found several and am not sure about which would be better for mod or stock racing at the club level.

1. Peak/Orion plastic block 4800 lipo $140
2. MaxAmps 4000 lipo pack $80
3. Apogee 4956 lipo pack $140
4. ?

Feed back on these would be great....like how long do they actually last(racing time for stock motor or mod or brushless) How long to charge them, How much capacity is actually used during racing and how long to recharge?

I can probably afford one pack only, so I just want to reuse it for 2 quals and a main.

Tsquare 04-30-2006 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Aluma
I want to get started with a Lipo pack, but have found several and am not sure about which would be better for mod or stock racing at the club level.

4. ?

Feed back on these would be great....like how long do they actually last(racing time for stock motor or mod or brushless) How long to charge them, How much capacity is actually used during racing and how long to recharge?

I can probably afford one pack only, so I just want to reuse it for 2 quals and a main.

I have only used the Orion Pack. They work great and with the way they are manufactured, they seem very safe. I am very happy with my lipo packs. :) performance.

Tsquare 04-30-2006 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Aluma

4. ?

Sorry I missed the second part of your post. The runtime for stock is about 18 to 24 mins. depending on the conditions and driving style, Mod Brushless about the same. Just be careful not to run them down to low. The beauty of these packs is that you never need to discharge , so after your run, let them cool down a bit and then top off. You should have plenty of time between heats to do this. Good Luck.

Aluma 05-01-2006 07:05 AM

So I would just need one battery for a 2 qualifier/1 main race right?

Anyone else use the other lipos listed?

LasagnaCat 05-01-2006 09:41 AM

You'd be able to get by with one pack very easily. We have a few of the Orion/Peak packs, and you'd be able to run at least two heats before having to top your battery off with those packs. Haven't run either of the other ones, can't help you there. If you nose around you can find pricing about $20 lower (shipped) than you have listed for the Orion pack. :)