Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Spektrum problem

I am running a spektrum system with an LRP Q2 speedo. My sponsor wants me running the full spektrum system, so I have been running their servo as well. I decided to try a high speed JR servo, but found that it will not work with the system. It glitches very badly only when turning the wheel fast?? I called Spektrum and they tell me that the Q2 does not put out enough voltage to allow a high speed servo? I never had that problem with my airtronics radio gear? Has anybody run into this problem? I was told by Spektrum that I would have to run a capacitor on the speedo to correct the problem. I have heard from a fellow racer that this did not work for him. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its a common problem, and what Spektrum told you is correct, except that you run the Spektrum capacator and plug it into the reciever.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Its a common problem, and what Spektrum told you is correct, except that you run the Spektrum capacator and plug it into the reciever.
Thanks very much. Appreciate it.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Ok, here's another dumb question. I will be running the the new Spektrum Telemetry system as well. With steering, throttle and transponder already plugged into the receiver, how can I run the cap along with the Telemetry? Can I run a Y somewhere in the system, or will this somehow overload the receiver? Sorry for not being extremely electronically inclined.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Just plug the transponder into the channel 3 socket on the rx. All it needs is power so it can be plugged into any open plug on the rx.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
Just plug the transponder into the channel 3 socket on the rx. All it needs is power so it can be plugged into any open plug on the rx.
That's the problem. It is a 3 channel receiver and there is not enough plugs for everything. 1:steering, 2:throttle, 3: transponder, 4: capacitor, 5: telemetry system.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greenbandit
That's the problem. It is a 3 channel receiver and there is not enough plugs for everything. 1:steering, 2:throttle, 3: transponder, 4: capacitor, 5: telemetry system.
I’ve attached my cap two different ways; solder directly to the pins inside the case of the receiver, and solder directly to the pos+ neg- of the transponder wires…. Your choice… either way will give you space to attach the telemetry plug...
Old 04-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
I’ve attached my cap two different ways; solder directly to the pins inside the case of the receiver, and solder directly to the pos+ neg- of the transponder wires…. Your choice… either way will give you space to attach the telemetry plug...
Thanks, I will give it a shot.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like 2bad answered your question bandit. Hes running all five things and its not overloading the reciver so I would get a Y plug just to keep everything neat instead of soldering.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greenbandit
Ok, here's another dumb question. I will be running the the new Spektrum Telemetry system as well. With steering, throttle and transponder already plugged into the receiver, how can I run the cap along with the Telemetry? Can I run a Y somewhere in the system, or will this somehow overload the receiver? Sorry for not being extremely electronically inclined.
or you could go down to your local rc plane store and buy a splitter that splits one terminal into 2...problem solved