Community
Wiki Posts
Search

weight scale or tweak station

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

hey try the integy weight distribution scale...it comes with one scale plus 3 stand....or just buy 4 scale with the same brand and model
Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have raced for years using 4 scales but finally went back to my tweak scale.
I found it was hard to level the area the scales sat on while at the track. The nice setups had 4 scales mounted to a board with a level in the center and screw feet at each corner to level the board before you set the car on the scales. This is nice but not nice to carry around. I have used other guys scales and when I put my car on and then turned the car around the reading differed... also it matters on some scales where the wheels sit... a little off to one side and the reading changes. Also the batterys have a tendency to go dead at the worst times
Since I race XRays I get my car balanced with the XRay balance posts when I build the car and then spot check the tweak before every run on the tweak scale.
A good tweak scale comes in its own box... very small and easy to pack... has no batterys to go dead... is easy to level and use at the track and it is as accurate as you will ever need. But if you feel you need scales they will get the job done if used correctly
Old 04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

the hudy chassis balancer is good for weights..ryt?? i think tweak got my attention now...for its easy and a little bit afordable than buying 4(12$) scales....
Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

I have an tweak station, the ballance beam, and an Integy tweak scale. For the touring cars the Integy system is great. The stands and the scale arer made for the drive hexes, so there is great alignment each time you set the car down after adjusting the springs. You use the same scale on each wheel, so the readings are more accurate. I could not believe the difference the first time I used it. I have since given up on using spacers to adjust preloads on shocks.