TiR online shopping is horrible.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TiR online shopping is horrible.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default TiR online shopping is horrible.

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I have ordered a screw set and some other things for my car at the beginning of Nov, I received an e-mail that it was shipped at the end of Nov, and now it is the end of Dec and it has not arrived. They currently have a special with free delivery, but they don't state the type of delivery. I went on their forums and found out that I am not the only one that this has happened to. Some people believe that they just take the money and say they sent it, but don't really do. That is bad for a company and its reputation especially if the word gets around. I personally will not buy from them again.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Tir = Titanium Racing?
Old 12-24-2002, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by maski
Tir = Titanium Racing?
Yep- this isn't the first I've heard of this problem. However, if you buy from a retailer that sells their products, you will really like the stuff. Scumacher USA carries some of it.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

I was going to order some stuff from them but their website sucked so bad I gave up. They do have some nice stuff though.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

I would file a complaint with the Fed. Trade Com. as it is interstate commerce and should be subject to Federal laws. That and the local BBB in their home state.

Last edited by popsracer; 12-25-2002 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe if you ordered direct, you ordered from England. You may have to wait awhile. You can get their stuff from Speedtech, along with a few other online sources. Their stuff is excellent, I have alot of it for my NTC3 & my TC3.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

Our LHS carries Schumacher products. I requested TiR product from him and he had it in about 3 days through Schumacher. Just go that route. They've got awesome product.
Old 12-26-2002, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

TIR are based in Norfolk. If you ordered direct then you may have a long wait. Give them a ring on (44)1502 722724.

You can always give your credit card company a ring if the payment has registered on your account and get them to put some pressure on TIR.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yup, TIR is slow!
I ordered in mid november and I received it mid december. It took 1 month to get here. The postmark shows that they shipped the item nearly 2 weeks after they received payment.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

I think speedtech RC carries TiR parts
Check with Steve at speedtech
Old 12-26-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Billy at Speedworld Raceway has TiR stuff in stock.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

I ordered some B3 parts over 4 months ago, they only had to get over the english channel. To cut a long story short, after phoning them several times they said I would receive the parts for free (and a free pinion). That was 2 months after I placed the order.

Anyway, they've stopped selling direct now. They are now distributed in the UK by CML Distribution.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I keep reading that they are slow, but have nice stuff. I don't know about that. I bought one of their pinions and it was so out of round that it would be locked up on one side and barely touching the spur on the other side. I checked my other pinions(Robison, Trinity, Corally) just to make sure my motor shaft wasn't bent, and they all meshed fine. I know the spur was perfect because it was one of the new RW spurs and those things are super true. I even tried it on a different motor and in a different car. Same result.

Their screws and stuff may be nice, but I wouldn't buy another one of their pinions.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Dark, I think you may have a lone bad one. I have a near full set of 64dp pinions as well as a few odd 48's and there are no concentricity problems with any of them.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

A friend had TiR CVDs in his XX-4 (with steel outdrives) and after 10 race meetings the pins had great big chunks taken out of them by the outdrives rubbing They must use some soft titanium!

I have 1 48dp pinion from them, it seems to be OK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.