R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2006, 11:19 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Ya I painted it last October and it's been collecting dust ever since and now racing season has started since it has stopped raining. I used Pactra thin masking tape I got from the HS and it was crap with the paint runs you see so I don't care if this gets destroyed and I'll post what it will look like after. I have two more rayspeeds as replacements. I'm also wondering why the Rayspeed Accord isn't ROAR approved in their oficial list even though it has ROAR/IFMAR rear bumper cutouts and the RS-26 on the corner windshield? Was it expired?

I just popped on the HPI wing as I was lazy to paint the standard wing and I think it's looks better. The thing is the wing stands on the wing and car are in the way so they're more forward or just used the 2 rear screws to mount the wing more far back. Adjustable wing!

I also have a new Protoform Cadillac CTS body I want to try to spraypaint like the CTS-V race car like what this guy did hehe. I've read it's almost as good as a Mazda6 or good for more technical tracks?

dtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

I'm currently running the PF Dodge 2. Its working really well.
Heres a pic of it.

brownpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyrrus
brownpants. just a quick question, are you runnning on asphalt(Tarmac), or carpet. If your running outdoors. Try the Mazda 6. work's great. the G6 which is a capet spec body, I tried it last time out. great handle. almost to much front grip.

anycase let us know what you got and show us a shot after you paint your new body.
I run on tarmac and the car is going well with the dodge. As I said in a previous post that I wanted a shell that was a little different from the PF's but without losing the handling.

dtam-That Cadillac looks very nice
brownpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:17 AM   #19
Tech Adept

To be honest with the current brca rules theres not much choice in shells. IMO its between pf mazda 6, pf dodge 2/3, rayspeed accord or titan mazda 3.

Mazda 6 has good steering throughout the corners yet you dont seem to loose the rear.

Dodge 2 is very safe with little downforce, probabily best suited to large open tracks.

Dodge 3 is a little more agressive than a dodge 2 yet stil fairly safe, id say its somewhere between that and the mazda.

Rayspeed accord has little entry steering and tends to push quite alot. Its pretty much exactly the same as the ride stratus mk2

Having not ran the titan mazda 3 i cant really comment on it, but ive definately seen some good results from it so far this year.

Hopefully GM will send the accord (same as ride) to the brca for approval as this is definately one of the best shells out there.

Hope this helps.
| Team XRAY UK | HUDY | RC DisCo| LRP | Sanwa | SMD | Moorespeed | MB Models | Gingapaint | McLaren Racing |
Phil C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 AM   #20
Tech Elite

its good to see some realistic paint jobs.
Mason McCombs
NewRed Hobbies & Indoor Facility
Off-Road, Dirt Oval, Crawlers & Pullers
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 AM   #21
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Everybody has their own opinions but I have found the Rayspeed body to be slightly pushy but more predictable than Mazda 6. The Mazda 6 turns in faster/sharper but can tend to rotate too much too fast sometimes. On one track I have done my fastest qualifier with a Mazda 6 though. I have had some good runs with the Tamiya Subaru Legacy. It is the fastest body down the straight, good downforce in the rear but pushes a little like the Rayspeed. I like a car to push a bit so I'd pick the Rayspeed.
ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:50 AM   #22
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For carpet, I think the G6 is the best.
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote