Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Tamiya TB Evolution V

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dsrbltoys
this is the correct part number for evo IV spool, it works fine in evo V. The pic attatched is for a 415, ignore that pic. You can use the white replacement outdrives for 415 with the long sleeve, it works well, without any shims...

white outdrive for 415 = 9804268
blue sleeve for 415 = 9804267

perfect fit in EVO V!!!
Have you no problem with the gear mesh ? In my car the Evo4 Spool is a little noisy, because the distance between the gear tooth is a little to small.

I sanded 3 tens mm from the alloy spool part where the Ring gear is mounted, and now it runs so smooth as with the onway.

Maybee my Gearcase is a littel bit narrower

Greetings from austria
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria
Have you no problem with the gear mesh ? In my car the Evo4 Spool is a little noisy, because the distance between the gear tooth is a little to small.

I sanded 3 tens mm from the alloy spool part where the Ring gear is mounted, and now it runs so smooth as with the onway.

Maybee my Gearcase is a littel bit narrower

Greetings from austria
Nope, I have NO shims, and it fits perfect!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

I have ask and read that the Evo 4 bevel gear set wrong fit the Evo 5. But can someone please let me know why? Is it larger? Thicker? Diff pitch...etc. I really want to get the evo 4 Al gear set, and want to know if it is even possible to modify it to fit.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chumanji
I have ask and read that the Evo 4 bevel gear set wrong fit the Evo 5. But can someone please let me know why? Is it larger? Thicker? Diff pitch...etc. I really want to get the evo 4 Al gear set, and want to know if it is even possible to modify it to fit.
Hi

Any reason why you need to put on those Evo IV gears into a Evo V?

I did the reverse which I have plugged in the Evo V bevel & diff gears with the alum. diff joints into an old Evo IV. Running well so far...
Old 08-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default The future of the Evo Series

Hy there!

What do the Evo5 drivers think out there. Will there be a new Evo (5MS or 6) in the nearer future, or is the shaft layout at the max. development level?

How is the Evo Series running for Tamiya. Is it a car that makes sense to continue, or will Tamiya concentrate only on beltdrive systems?

For me the shafties are always my first choice. Becaues in Stock racing, (what i am usualy do 23T and 17T) The car works very well, but i also have to say that i never runned any 415 yet.

What do you out there think what the future will bring ?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking at the current trend, it will need a popular class (probably 19T) to drive shaft driven cars in major races.

Else, it may take a few years like we had seen eg. Yokomo MR4TC to MR4TC-SD to MR4TC-BD... for the trend to swing back the cycle again to shaft driven cars...

Whatever it is, it is all down to personal taste... as both has their pros and cons...
Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pole_position
Hi

Any reason why you need to put on those Evo IV gears into a Evo V?

I did the reverse which I have plugged in the Evo V bevel & diff gears with the alum. diff joints into an old Evo IV. Running well so far...
different tooth count wich equals different internal ratio. Also the small gear mounts differently. IV uses screw, V uses Eclip.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the centre spool of the Evo 5 will fit my Yokomo SD lcg. Inner diameter of the shaftbearing is 5mm.
Here is my message in the mr4tc-sd lcg thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...65#post3609165
Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Evo 5 Asphalt Setup Hint!

Hy there!

I dont know if anyone has tried it already, but it worked very well on my car last race meeting.

I have tried to upper the rollcenter 1mm, by using the shims under the suspension blocks all around.

After that the corner in was the same, but it felt a little bit smoother over all.

The laptime was not very faster, but the car felt more comforteble.

For carpet you should use no shims under the blocks.

If anyone of you have expirience, please reply.

Greetings Blueman
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any of you Evo V owners used to be Pro4 owners? If so, do you know if the upper and lower bulkheads fit or can be modified to fit the Pro4? Those aluminum bulkheads with diff covers are trick and would make the Pro4 bulletproof....like the Evo V. Anyone?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I've owned the Pro4, EVO IV, & EVO V, but I didn't try to fit any of the EVO's bulkheads onto the Pro4. I don't think it would really fit correctly. I'm pretty sure the mounting holes are very different as the pattern itself isn't the same. Then, the next issue would be if the measurements of the drivetrain would fit. I think you should either buy an EVO V or try to fit the Pro4 suspension onto the EVO V. That may be easier to do.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrxnfx
I've owned the Pro4, EVO IV, & EVO V, but I didn't try to fit any of the EVO's bulkheads onto the Pro4. I don't think it would really fit correctly. I'm pretty sure the mounting holes are very different as the pattern itself isn't the same. Then, the next issue would be if the measurements of the drivetrain would fit. I think you should either buy an EVO V or try to fit the Pro4 suspension onto the EVO V. That may be easier to do.
I have extra Pro4 lower chassis plates and parts. I was pondering buying the bulkheads and sizing them on one of my chassis plates, building a car up that way to see how the holes line up and how the bearings fit. If they parts didnt fit, then I would just give sell them for cheap. GUyisdamgood, Rocketracer, anyone else?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, good to be part of the evo 5 club, i'm building my first evo ever

Only one problem, i have never assembled a hi tech car, such as this, and
do not know how one determines when to use shims?

I am at the very first assembly stages, assembling the prop shaft to the lower bulkhead with the 2 bearings and the manual shows to shim it with four 0.1mm shims, should i go with what the manual says? How do i know when i have shimmed correctly? It all feels the same with or without shims to me? the bearing seem to fit in fine with or without sims, i hope i can get my head around this.

It does not make sense 100% , hope anyone can help, Is there a way to test and feel for any "play" at some stage to determine this?

Thanks

ST
Old 09-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Try as per manual first, or read http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=226

There's a pretty good article to read up on.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Rcnewb,i'll go with what the manual says and hope for the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.