R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #1351
Tech Initiate

Thanks rcnewb2004, i will also try and leave them for a while and if there is still left, then i'll leave it at that. I too am more of a parking lot racer, racing alone that is So by reading your reply it sounds like i'll be fine. I used the ceramic grease on all the friction components such as gears driveshaft, hope it's fine. Though i'm not a league racer, i have been driving rc for around .
16 years now, a hotshot,grasshopper,bear hawk,WW2, and i have a new thundershot minus a driveshaft, i found over the years with these cars that normal 3 in one oil, tends to keep the dirt away, with the evo i'm not sure, it's a very precise car and i'd rather do what the manual says, i never had ceramic grease on any car parts before, though it seems like good grease and i am using it on all friction components on the evo,
this car sure looks good, glad i bought it, now i just need to figure out what motor/speedcontrol/battery i'll use with the stock spur gear, brushless seems to bulky, though it's everlasting, anyhow, that i'd leave for another day to decide.

ST
skytrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #1352
Tech Adept

I have some spare parts for sale. have a look.
Tamiya EVo V parts sale

please delete if this is inapropriate.
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 AM   #1353
Tech Initiate

Would it be o.k to leave out the rebound screws for rebound adjustment, i don't like it being forced uppon the lower deck metal to carbon the way they designed it, will it make a big difference or cause any problems by removing those? Does everyone use them?
Old 10-13-2007, 04:42 AM   #1354
Tech Initiate

anyone?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #1355
Tech Adept

The downstop/droop screws won't hurt the carbon fiber there really isen't that much force applied to them.

The main purpose of the screws is to adjust chassis uptravel,which can be a very useful adjustment. Depending on the type of surface you run on running with out them can cause the car to transfer to much weight front to rear and can upset the suspension.

With that said if you really don't want to use the screws you can adjust chassis droop using spacers inside the shocks. This will work just as well but is a real pain in the butt to make adjustments.

Hope this helps
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #1356
Tech Initiate

Thanks infokiz

I'm just thinking, did all the models before have this adjustment, if not i can do without them?

Maybe adjust the shock spring stiffness to make it the suspension harder. so to get less up travel and downtravel?

I'll be mainly racing on long straights in indoor parking lots.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #1357
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

Hey Evo 5 Guys; I think it`s the End of Shaft Drive Kits(Real Kits). Tamiya and every other company is totally on Belt Drive.
-I`ve read/heard that no one used the Evo 5 during the 2007 Reedy Race in 19-Turn. . . . .That tells us something. -Also look at the Hop-Up Count.....very little.....and it can use a Spool.
-They say Shaft Drive is now only good for Drifting.

I only like Shaft Drive Cars/Kits and I`ll use nothing else.

I have a Pro 4-Hara and I`ve ran a TC 4 and I must say those are the best Shaft Drive Kits ever Made. The Evo 5 can`t hang with them.

The Evo 5 has alot of Torque Steer and it takes alot to find a good set-up.
-The Pro 4 is a easy kit to set-up.
- - - - -I`m somewhat glad I live in a place where R.C. isn`t big(New York City); because I`ll be really worried tring to Race My Evo 5.....Ha Ha!

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #1358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm not sure what surface you race on but I run my EVO V on asphalt and it is a rocket and I'm running basically the kit setup
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #1359
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Pie_robot

yer same, i run the kit setup and it runs like its on rails.

The Evo IV spool fits in the 5

Bodgy Brothers Racing......19t,Stock,Mini,540,2wd stock
JMP Graphics....sparkly
www.castlehillraceway.com
Pie_robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #1360
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial

My Evo is just as quick as my MSX, if not quicker....the MSX just seems to be a little bit easier to drive.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #1361
Tech Regular

I have to say that my Evo is always very competetive in 17T and 23T race classes.

Cant say that the car have tourque steer or stuff like that, and get a good setup, is also easy. I think also that the Evo5 is very hard to improve because for my opinion, there is no real weakpoint. I use the car for about 1 and a half year, and still drive the second set of oneway gears. (The first bend in the first race meeting, because i crashed a broken car on the long straight).

For the classes i race in a shafty is no disadvantage. Because the sart performance is awaesome. I stuck with it for the next winter and Summer seasion definitly. And then, lets see. If there came no new Evo, then i switch over to the 416 series.

Greetings Blueman
Old 11-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #1362
Tech Adept

GuyMustNotBeThatGood. Torque steer on evo v?... what do you expect from a guy who says tt01 drives as well as evo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post

I have a Pro 4-Hara and I`ve ran a TC 4 and I must say those are the best Shaft Drive Kits ever Made. The Evo 5 can`t hang with them.

- - - - -I`m somewhat glad I live in a place where R.C. isn`t big(New York City); because I`ll be really worried tring to Race My Evo 5.....Ha Ha!

Take Care
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #1363
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
Hey Evo 5 Guys; I think it`s the End of Shaft Drive Kits(Real Kits). Tamiya and every other company is totally on Belt Drive.
-I`ve read/heard that no one used the Evo 5 during the 2007 Reedy Race in 19-Turn. . . . .That tells us something. -Also look at the Hop-Up Count.....very little.....and it can use a Spool.
-They say Shaft Drive is now only good for Drifting.

I only like Shaft Drive Cars/Kits and I`ll use nothing else.

Take Care
Not sure what he is talking about. My EVO IV & V both run extremely well with minimal setup. I did have a Pro4 prior to this and thought that was a good car, too. However, both EVO's seemed to be more stable.
wrxnfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #1364
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone looking to purchase a used evo5 w/ lots of hop-ups and nip parts and spare parts! I have one for sale and this car ran so well for me its really hard to get rid of it to just anyone, so the evo 5 forum will get a shot a it too!
ldoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #1365
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoggs View Post
anyone looking to purchase a used evo5 w/ lots of hop-ups and nip parts and spare parts! I have one for sale and this car ran so well for me its really hard to get rid of it to just anyone, so the evo 5 forum will get a shot a it too!
only parts
www.rcmarket.com.hk
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote