R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #946
Tech Apprentice

Mostly it pushes on the final righthand 180 degree turn (before the dogleg and the start line).

Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
That could be part of it, what I would suggest ir standing the rear shocks, up, and also droop may be a big factor in it. it you have to little or too much on one end ot the other.
What part of the track do you feel you need more steering?
cyber3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:11 AM   #947
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber3d
Mostly it pushes on the final righthand 180 degree turn (before the dogleg and the start line).

Victor
so on the right hander?? I would check tweek, and make sure the camber, and droop are the same from side to side.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #948
Tech Apprentice

Ok. I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks

Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
so on the right hander?? I would check tweek, and make sure the camber, and droop are the same from side to side.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #949
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123
Just a ? about the evo V,
Does the chassis or batterie strap (if it has one that is)
need to be dremeled/filed away to fit ib4200 side by side packs
or do they fit straight in no worries
or is their a kit available to make them fit?

I was thinking about getting an evo V
Just like most carbon chassis on modern touring cars, I would file away some of the sharp corners in the battery slots that actually touch the batteries... in a crash, the impact can damage the battery.

So I would file the battery slots a bit, apply some CA glue to seal it, and I personally use tape to hold my batteries down.
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #950
Tech Apprentice

Filing the slots also has the benefit of lowering your CG (ie. lower battery = lower CG).

Victor

Last edited by cyber3d; 01-10-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #951
Tech Apprentice

Hello. I would like to know if any one knows if the Tamiya spool for this kit will fit in the TB02. Thanks for your help.
Jujubean
jujubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #952
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

As far as I have heard, there has been no spool for a tb evo V, most people are still basically using the evo IV spool with some modification... (i think they use the gear from the evo V to get it to work. You will have better luck looking at the evo IV thread i think.

btw, tamiya has just been quite about those metals gears haven't they... sigh... although i think they may not be necessary... just cool to see how they can affect the drive train and will it truely make the car better
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #953
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

Is the EVO5 easy to work on compared to other shaft tourers (Pro4 and Yoke SD)? Thanks. Thinking of getting one. Looking for an easy car to clean.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #954
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

In my experience... (i have never worked on any other shafty, this is my first) changing spur gear is still a pain to me, but there are people on this forum that changing spur gears do not bother them, and you do not need to change spur gears often anyway. the front diff cover requires 7 screws to be removed if i remember right, and if u run parking lots, beware of crap getting into ur front diff.

other than that, this car is awesome, it truely is for 19T and I think anyone with the proper skills can be competitive with this car.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #955
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

agreed, I do really like this car... although being pressured to run my MRE at the moment, even though it's being saved for modified at 2day event soon.

Anyway, there is a technique I posted a while back which means you can change spurs without needing to take the rear gearbox apart.... just need a ball-headed hex driver. I'll search through here and see if I can find it.

On another point, tried fitting a Evo4 spool recently, found it a tight fit, and as I was pushed for time, just put the one way back in.
Found some time last night to try again. IMO, with modifying the drive cups, or bevel gear, it won't fit. It pushes the bevel into the pinion too far, and even though it rotates, it's very tight... which too me doesn't feel right.
I might take a sanding disk to the back of a bevel gear and remove some material, which should allow it to fit.

Regards
Ed
Old 01-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #956
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I was able to fit the Evo IV delrin outdrives in the rear. It was a little squeeze due to the outdrive cups being really close to the sway bar, but it fits. I still haven't actually tried putting the spool in, though.

In regards to working on the car, I personally prefer working on the Evo IV with the MS 2-piece motor mount. The Evo V is a little harder to work on, but I can live with it especially considering how much better this car is over the Evo IV. I've also owned TC3's & Pro4's. Out of the bunch, the TC3 was by far the easiest to work on. The Pro4 would be about the same as the Evo's. On second thought, the Pro4 was a little more trouble as it took more screws to remove to get to the diffs & spur. That's also not to mention that it is much more difficult to remove the screws from carbon graphite composite than from aluminum parts.
wrxnfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #957
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

selling my evo 5, ck out the for sale thread if anyone is interested.

TNX
GCT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #958
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TryHard:

Hi,

I have a couple of Q's for you. are you running your EVO V on foams/carpet??? and have thought about adding a second chassis/top deck brace for support/stiffness??
I have finally got a EVO V and am going to be runing on carpet with foams and am looking for ideas. I have raced TC3's in the past. but this car is much better than what I'm running now.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #959
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I don't run foams or carpet, but another option to stiffen up the chassis would be to consider adding two more aluminum center post in front or behind the middle one.
wrxnfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #960
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Tim,
I have considered it, and there should be no reason why it shouldn't work, just need some longer screws.
At the moment I'm actually trying to get a custom made top-deck made up (it's 3mm thick as well)... I have the plate, and design. just need to spend a while writing the CNC program to actually cut it (CNC machine I have access to unfortuantly doesn't recognise CAD files... fingers crossed the new one work is considering will have... I smell custom carbon parts hehehe)

I do already have the extra aluminium posts, which certainly helps. Not expensive to do either, and the holes are all pre-drilled in the top deck and chassis

HiH
Ed