Old 11-24-2006, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

here here
Old 11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Here's the setup i ended up with following the past weekend. It's a fair bit different to the stock setup, but handles really well.

Carpet Wars Round1 setup

Cheers
Ed
Old 12-01-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks cheehtae. I'll see how it works on our track.

I use a spool (think it's a EVO IV, with TA-05 spool steel outdrives) in my current setup, but I think a diff might be better...

Our track is very bumpy though. So any pointers with that in mind is appreciated

Also, the foams you use are not available here. So we use foams for nitro touring (35-42 shore 26mm). I have no idea how grip is in them compared to e.g. Jaco...
Old 12-01-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Champion

right guys, question.... How has there servo horn setup as per the manual (offset) and who has it upright?

I was looking over this last night, and can't really figure out the reason for having it offset. I find it easier to have the horn upright, as this gives equal throw each side.... opinions?
Old 12-01-2006, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
right guys, question.... How has there servo horn setup as per the manual (offset) and who has it upright?

I was looking over this last night, and can't really figure out the reason for having it offset. I find it easier to have the horn upright, as this gives equal throw each side.... opinions?
The way the manual has it (slightly angled) is correct.

Whilst you are correct in saying that you'll get equal servo throw with the horn upright, this doesn't equate to equal steering throw because of the difference in angles between when the horn is moved towards the centre of the car (pushing the linkage away from the pivot point and down from above), and when the horn is moved away from the centre of the car (pulling the linkage away from the pivot point and up from above)

It's alot easier to see than it is to describe

Basically, the servo-horn / bellcrank movement ratio is more proportional when the horn is moving towards the bellcranks compared to if it's moving away from the bellcranks.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

in addition if you put it upright i think you cant get the full stering range of one side cause the servo horn hits something before reach the expected end of travel
Old 12-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bender
The way the manual has it (slightly angled) is correct.

Whilst you are correct in saying that you'll get equal servo throw with the horn upright, this doesn't equate to equal steering throw because of the difference in angles between when the horn is moved towards the centre of the car (pushing the linkage away from the pivot point and down from above), and when the horn is moved away from the centre of the car (pulling the linkage away from the pivot point and up from above)

It's alot easier to see than it is to describe

Basically, the servo-horn / bellcrank movement ratio is more proportional when the horn is moving towards the bellcranks compared to if it's moving away from the bellcranks.
Ok, understand that.... effectivly, your trying to get the centre point of the steering at the tangent of the servo horn...

So why on the MRE do the instructions suggest upright, given it's a similar steering system?
I assume that it's simply because the steering is actually mounted higher (to clear the belt), with a vertical ball stud... and hence the link is at a flatter angle to start.

The reason I ask, is that I think something was slightly up with my car at the end of the meeting last week, in that it would turn nicely left, but struggle on right hander's. Spent a while last night playing around with the steering setup, and now have it slightly off centre (not as much as in the manual though), with equal steering throw side to side (measured on the toe gauges).

Cheers
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 12-01-2006 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think you'll be fine with the foam tires your using, I use to run a speedmind foam on my TA05 (and ithink it's for nitro), for bumpy tracks I would position my shock angle more upright, Guys any comment for a bumpy track on foams.

Originally Posted by OleC

I use a spool (think it's a EVO IV, with TA-05 spool steel outdrives) in my current setup, but I think a diff might be better...

Our track is very bumpy though. So any pointers with that in mind is appreciated

Also, the foams you use are not available here. So we use foams for nitro touring (35-42 shore 26mm). I have no idea how grip is in them compared to e.g. Jaco...
Old 12-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OleC

So an EVO IV Spool works?? i was under the impression it doesent!
What do u need to make it work?
Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

oh the evo 4 spool works on evo 5? i didnt know that

does the evo 5 diff gear fit onto the evo 4 spool with no modifications?

also how do those couplings / outdrives fit onto the spool
Old 12-03-2006, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by BrainTeased
oh the evo 4 spool works on evo 5? i didnt know that

does the evo 5 diff gear fit onto the evo 4 spool with no modifications?

also how do those couplings / outdrives fit onto the spool
just put the evo 5 ring gear on evo 4 spool , you have a evo5 spool
straight change that`s it
Old 12-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
just put the evo 5 ring gear on evo 4 spool , you have a evo5 spool
straight change that`s it
thanks for the confirmation jolly
Old 12-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Default TB EVO5 Mini

Some one has done the conversion :

TB EVO 5 Mini Chassis

Enjoy ....

Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hot Damn, thats nuts!!! Post a link please!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.