R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2006, 10:30 AM   #781
Tech Regular

i guess that's the price you pay for racing a $350 chassis in a parking lot!

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #782
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
I just feel this diff cover problem should not be be a "suck it up and live with it" problem.

And since when am i a `SUCK UP` person
seriuosly i have had no probs with the diffs being open nor have i had any probs with gear stripping with poor meshing

after years off racing & building & things are built right then there is no problem

my biggest grip with a car this expensive , is being given a cheap shot spanner for the turnbuckles ,why not the proper blue Tamiya one they do
coz every time i use that poxy spanner some more blue come`s off

Me No suck up to any one
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #783
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like it is time to upgrade to some titanium turnbuckles, they do it on purpose so that you scratch and mangle that metal so that you think @%#$%@# HOT CAR, CR#P TURNIES... MUST FIX. I am quite suprised though that you have not bent any alu. turnbuckles though.

On a side note, do you guys put joint grease between your diff gear/crown and oneway gear/crown? Or do you leave those gears alone when lubing? Reason I ask is that I have heard that adding lube there adds drag. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Naut
Nautilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #784
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilian
Sounds like it is time to upgrade to some titanium turnbuckles, they do it on purpose so that you scratch and mangle that metal so that you think @%#$%@# HOT CAR, CR#P TURNIES... MUST FIX. I am quite suprised though that you have not bent any alu. turnbuckles though.

On a side note, do you guys put joint grease between your diff gear/crown and oneway gear/crown? Or do you leave those gears alone when lubing? Reason I ask is that I have heard that adding lube there adds drag. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Naut
Bending & Breaking go hand in hand with How Hard & How Often you crash the poor car
i don`t crash much ,a few hard hit`s ,but no bent or broken bits

lube gears
No. end off ,attracts dirt & shit & that alone is enough to say No to lubing gears
Old 10-31-2006, 04:27 PM   #785
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

First I would apologize for my "suck it up" comment to MRJOLLY. I did not think you were lying when you said everything was alright.

I would rephrase this problem as one that could be fixed, so why not fix it? why is your evo5 up for grabs?
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #786
Tech Regular

i just want to know how this car compares to the pro 4 performance wise
C_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 PM   #787
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Suzuki
i just want to know how this car compares to the pro 4 performance wise
Driver....
drew85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:59 PM   #788
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Bending & Breaking go hand in hand with How Hard & How Often you crash the poor car
i don`t crash much ,a few hard hit`s ,but no bent or broken bits

lube gears
No. end off ,attracts dirt & shit & that alone is enough to say No to lubing gears
Definitely. stay away form the pipes or boards and nothing is going to break or bend, unless some backmarkers decide to take you out. i have had a few hits on both my Evo 5's but nothing bent or broken yet!

i also run the gears in the front and rear gearboxes dry. you will also notice that tends to pick up less dust than when you lube it.

@ C_Suzuki. the cars are very similar, but there are many factors that affect the performnace of a car. if we don't take any of the factors into consideration, i would say that the cars are almost identical performance wise, the Evo5 has bit of advantage in that it has a lower CG and better steering system.

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #789
Tech Elite

Quote:
First I would apologize for my "suck it up" comment to MRJOLLY. I did not think you were lying when you said everything was alright.
staright up if there was a prob with the car like the covers i`ll be there by your side ,but i have no probs like the meshing bit aswell
also i can`t be brought on the cheap ,

i have 2 cars evo 5 is going also health probs (shaking in the hands mainley) & this is very frustrating when i`m up front or on pace & then it starts
something is being done untill then it might aswell go
Old 11-01-2006, 02:47 AM   #790
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

hmm... i didn't mean to pry into your personals (i thought there maybe something wrong w/ the car, so you let go of it)

sad to hear about the hands.... I hope everything will be alright MR JOLLY.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #791
Tech Elite

Quote:
hmm... i didn't mean to pry into your personals (i thought there maybe something wrong w/ the car, so you let go of it)

sad to hear about the hands.... I hope everything will be alright MR JOLLY.
if i didn`t answer honestly i would of lied
usually when some one sells a car for one reason or another
crap.breaks easily ,hard to work on ,fed up

me it`s just sitting there rotting away .
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #792
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

Hey TB Evo 5 Guys; Thanks for the Info.....

I`ve had this Steering Problem with My Pro 4. I`ve worked it out by using New Tires, giving it 1-Degree of Front Toe-In and installing a Front Ball Diff(Front Diff Tighter than the Rear Diff).
-It runs Really Well now.

On My TB Evo 5; I was using used tires and No Front Toe-In. But the Front Diff is a little tighter than the Rear.
--I`ll look at the Shocks and see if I`ve made a bad set-up there.

About the Front Toe-In: In R.C. Car Action(July - page 66); it says give your car 1.5-Degrees of Toe-In if your car doesn`t run straight. . . . .and check the Servo Saver.
-My TB Evo 5 will run straight only about 10-Feet past me and then it will lose it.

I`ll see if I can fix the problem later today.....?

I`ve said it before; If you sweep the Track - Street - Surface before you run your car on it.....it wouldn`t be very dirty.

Thanks

Take Care.
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #793
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

two more things to check on steering. Check that the servo saver has no play in it. I had one that didn't fit quite right and would move under load. Also, check your radio steering wheel. I had problem getting my car to track straight and found that my steering wheel wasn't returning to neutral out of a turn. It was so small I didn't notice, but i cleaned my steering wheel bearing on the transmitter and tightened the wheel spring slightly and the problem went away.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #794
Tech Apprentice

With the proper shimming (everywhere!) how much slop do you have in the front wheels. What I mean is: does your toe and camber slop equal +/- 0.5 degrees (total of 1 degree) as mine does?
cyber3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #795
Tech Apprentice

How do you guys know you have shimmed something correctly. For example when you shim your rear diff, do you want to eliminate most of the play in the back but leave enough for the diff to spin freely? Or am I getting shimming completely wrong?

Naut
Nautilian is offline   Reply With Quote