R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #541
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Racing mine tonight on rubber/carpet 27t
i`ll report back ltr with Damage report
staying with one-way & kit r/bars
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #542
DDC
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20
Default

hey,

Racereport: I ran my car for the first time this season on carpet. The car is going hard. very much steering.

Problem is that the car is breaking out on the rear, on power steering. Any ideas. I didn't use the swapbars, because I don't believe in them. Also the car is making a lot of noise when turning. I creased the axles and that helped but still noise.

I any of you have some ideas....
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #543
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

I am not a pro, but have u checked your gear shimming? Also make sure that the little shaft that connects your axle and dogbone is in securely...

Happy Racing
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #544
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

DDc
mine`s is very quite!! till the 64 spur started to pack up
no rattle or shake`s on this bad ass car in blue
there are lot more shims on the input shaft`s then the manual say`s ,if done by manual there is a lot of end float on the pinion/shaft bit,;;ie when you move the diff gear with thumb by rocking it you can see the pinion/shaft all move up & down before the pinion turns
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #545
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC
hey,

Racereport: I ran my car for the first time this season on carpet. The car is going hard. very much steering.

Problem is that the car is breaking out on the rear, on power steering. Any ideas. I didn't use the swapbars, because I don't believe in them. Also the car is making a lot of noise when turning. I creased the axles and that helped but still noise.

I any of you have some ideas....
breaking out on the rear? what do you mean? sorry my english is not good

making noise on the turns? mine is making no noise and it is shimmed exaclty like in the instructions, i suggest you rebuild all the transmission parts as i think you did something wrong when building
DrKucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:32 AM   #546
Tech Master
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I discovered a few weeks ago that if you run the front end with quite narrow blocks (ie: A-X for example) then the cvd dogbones push the one-way drive cups hard into the one-way bearings - creating quite a bit of noise when turning.

As soon as I switched to a wider block combo (D-B) the problem was fixed.

Of course this shouldn't happen with the kit D-D block setup.

With regards to the back breaking out into corners, try putting the rear sway bar back on. With my car I have found that the rear roll bar increases rear-end grip into corners

Does anyone know if you can get 44mm long dogbones from Tamiya?
__________________
Jason W
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #547
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

hey bender, what are those blocks you saying? A-X , D-B, D-D ...sounds like chinesse to me
DrKucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:07 AM   #548
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
I discovered a few weeks ago that if you run the front end with quite narrow blocks (ie: A-X for example) then the cvd dogbones push the one-way drive cups hard into the one-way bearings - creating quite a bit of noise when turning.

As soon as I switched to a wider block combo (D-B) the problem was fixed.

Of course this shouldn't happen with the kit D-D block setup.

With regards to the back breaking out into corners, try putting the rear sway bar back on. With my car I have found that the rear roll bar increases rear-end grip into corners

Does anyone know if you can get 44mm long dogbones from Tamiya?
i know that there is 42, 46 and 48 mm dogbones but never heard that Tamiya came up with a 44mm dogbones but try checking the Tamiya website for i might be wrong also
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #549
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Third meet with the Evo5 today.. it just gets better Q'd 2nd, and then won both legs of the final, with a car much faster than anyone else (only driver to get under 10s laps).

Got a good base setup now, seems to work well for rubbers on carpet. Not far off the stock setup.

Body - Protoform DNA1
Motor - EA Motorsports CO27
Gearing - 96/32 (7.313 FDR)
Battery - EA Motorsports IB3800
Tyre - Vtec 24R

Front;
Axle - OneWay
Suspension blocks - D/D
Camber - 1.5deg
Castor Block - 4deg
Toe In - 0deg
Inner Camber link - 3mm under ball joint, Position 2
Shock Position - 3 on tower, 2 on arm
Droop - #5 (Yokomo Gauge)
Shocks - 50wt Oil, 1 foam bushing, 3 hole piston, White Springs
Ackerman - rear hole on steering hub, 0mm behind ball joint
Wheelbase - 3.5mm in front of arm, 1mm behind
Castor Block - 4deg
Anti Roll Bar - Soft

Rear;
Suspension blocks - D/XA
Camber - 1.5deg
Inner Camber link - 2mm under ball joint, Position 2
Outer Camber link - 1.5mm, Positon 3 (outer)
Shock Position - 3 on tower, 2 on arm
Droop - #4 (Yokomo Gauge)
Shocks - 50wt Oil, 1 foam bushing, 3 hole piston, Blue Springs
Wheelbase - 1mm in front of arm, 3.5mm behind
Rear Hub - 0deg
Anti Roll Bar - None
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |

Last edited by TryHard; 09-10-2006 at 01:34 PM. Reason: added springs used
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #550
Tech Regular
 
stuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Third meet with the Evo5 today.. it just gets better Q'd 2nd, and then won both legs of the final, with a car much faster than anyone else (only driver to get under 10s laps).

Got a good base setup now, seems to work well for rubbers on carpet. Not far off the stock setup.

Body - Protoform DNA1
Motor - EA Motorsports CO27
Gearing - 96/32 (7.313 FDR)
Battery - EA Motorsports IB3800
Tyre - Vtec 24R

Front;
Axle - OneWay
Suspension blocks - D/D
Camber - 1.5deg
Castor Block - 4deg
Toe In - 0deg
Inner Camber link - 3mm under ball joint, Position 2
Shock Position - 3 on tower, 2 on arm
Droop - #5 (Yokomo Gauge)
Shocks - 50wt Oil, 1 foam bushing, 3 hole piston
Ackerman - rear hole on steering hub, 0mm behind ball joint
Wheelbase - 3.5mm in front of arm, 1mm behind
Castor Block - 4deg
Anti Roll Bar - Soft

Rear;
Suspension blocks - D/XA
Camber - 1.5deg
Inner Camber link - 2mm under ball joint, Position 2
Outer Camber link - 1.5mm, Positon 3 (outer)
Shock Position - 3 on tower, 2 on arm
Droop - #4 (Yokomo Gauge)
Shocks - 50wt Oil, 1 foam bushing, 3 hole piston
Wheelbase - 1mm in front of arm, 3.5mm behind
Rear Hub - 0deg
Anti Roll Bar - None
hey edd

what springs did you run and where were you racing

stu rand
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #551
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Isle of Wight RC (link in sig), indoor carpet.
Using Tamiya springs.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #552
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Isle of Wight RC (link in sig), indoor carpet.
Using Tamiya springs.

HiH
Ed
What colours?
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #553
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Sorry guys, thought I'd put that on there (have done now).

White front, Blue rear (usual tamiya indoor fare)
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #554
agp
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
Default

hi all, i read on the manual we need to apply instant cement onto the edge of carbon parts. Tamiya instant cement cost a bomb. any others alternative we can use?

is the instant cement same as super glue? or epoxy?any tips on doing this?
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #555
Tech Addict
 
Runin Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp
hi all, i read on the manual we need to apply instant cement onto the edge of carbon parts. Tamiya instant cement cost a bomb. any others alternative we can use?

is the instant cement same as super glue? or epoxy?any tips on doing this?
I used CA glue... the same glue you 'd use to glue tires.
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:14 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0