Search
Like Tree143Likes

Tamiya TB Evolution V

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelthedriftboy
trust me i thought the evo 4 was gonna be good but i absolutely hate the thing. all shafts are pooey for that matter
Nice flame bait there, troll. Fly away. Stupid statements like what you have been posting in this thread shows you do not have a clue.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

can i just say that the evolution series is the worst thing that has happened in the history of mankind. the 414 and 415 are awesome cars but he evos are a complete stuff up
from harsh words that you speak, i get the impression that somebody has beaten you good and proper with an Evo!

i have had the Evo IV and i now currently have an Evo IV MS and these things are quite deadly in the right hands. seems like you need more wheeltime!!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

can i just say that the evolution series is the worst thing that has happened in the history of mankind. the 414 and 415 are awesome cars but he evos are a complete stuff up
I do agree (say about 25% only) with you about the tb evo series comparing it with the belt series by Tamiya. I had the very 1st EVO series & yes during the release of the car it was like a tank & also weighed like one compared to the other cars during it's time. Then they released the EVO2 which I also bought with a lot of improvements done to it but never bought the suceeding series since I purchased the 414M, 415 & now the 415MSX & spent more racing time with.

BUT....after seeing the EVO5 & still keeping in touch with the previous threads from the previous EVO series, I am NOW contemplating of getting it due to the improvements Tamiya has made based from the TRF driver's feedback & also the local racer's feedback.

Tamiya & TRF has produced probably the best belt car which is the 415MSX & now they are the releasing the EVO5 which is a result of constant EVOLUTION of the series to finally produce probably the best shaft touring car in the market....then I will definetely get one since I started this hobby with the EVO1 car which I never gave it a chance to work properly due to the fact I've been racing the 414 & 415 belt cars more than ever.

My message to you buddy, is spend more time with car (if you get it) & ask questions on the threads & fellow racers (even if they don't race tamiya cars but ask for basic info).

I may have to add another kit to the bottom of my sig in a few months.....hmmm EVO5 MS

Last edited by JRRobiso; 05-21-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

I think if everything in this car works the way its suppose to work...

I can think of really few major flaws...

The only thing I can think of that maybe tough for this car is to change spur gears and to mount the motor...

But i never owned a shaft... so i wouldn't know... i am just looking at pictures thinking u may have to remove the upper deck to reach the spur gear... and once the car is built... it maybe hard to accesss the motor mount screws
Old 05-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
I think if everything in this car works the way its suppose to work...

I can think of really few major flaws...

The only thing I can think of that maybe tough for this car is to change spur gears and to mount the motor...

But i never owned a shaft... so i wouldn't know... i am just looking at pictures thinking u may have to remove the upper deck to reach the spur gear... and once the car is built... it maybe hard to accesss the motor mount screws
You do have a point there buddy. I think that is one of the minor (if not major concerns) with shaft touring cars.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I hate changing spurs too, the shaft design doesn't really allow for an easy change when using a double deck. What needs to happen is have a way for the back half of the upper deck to be removable without destroying the rigidy of the chassis
Old 05-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

that's what the Tamiya 2-piece motor mount for the evo 4 and MS was for
Old 05-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Sorry viet,

I haven't seen the EVO IV or a high end shafter before.

Explain?

When I looked at the pics of the EVO V from the hobby show... it looks like the shaft goes through the heatsink, which is one piece with the motor mount.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JoeyE
.....nice. When is the release date or arround abouts?
The car will be available on 29 May in europe. Thatīs alot earlier than expected.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Bring some extra dough to the Reedy Race...you may (or may not) be in for a suprise

The Evo5 is going to be good.
Repost
Old 05-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rtypec
Repost
2nd time around you've mentioned that Rod . Too bad for me I can't go due to work . But will you accept PayPal or credit card pymnt if ever the surprise materializes & also get a discount since you're a TRF driver .

Good luck to you all at the RROC 2006 especially my favorite team - the World Champs, TAMIYA TRF!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default evo5...

evo5 was out during the weekend at the Reedy Race. the drivetrain is very free and the lightened bulkheads are very trick.

i wish they had incorporated the adjustable position battery trays similar to the TF-5 from kyosho.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know what the internal on this thing is?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

On one of the chinese forums I saw

almost identical to the PRO4 2.4375??

I apologize if information is not correct... my chinese is very limited.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

checked out more pics of the evo5 on the chinese forum...
at the moment... from what i can see... changing the spur gear will be a MAJOR bich .... stupid tard one piece motor mount!

http://rc-one.com/phpwind/read.php?t...toread=&page=2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.