Wiki Posts
Search

Phantom Dyno..Where to buy 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Taz
Tech Rookie

Default Phantom Dyno..Where to buy 1

If anyone knows where i can get a Phantom Dyno please post it..I cant find one anywhere.
Thanks!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have heard that Fantom has discontinued their dynos. I want one too but couldnt find one anywhere. Keep trying online shops though...someone has to have one in stock.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Before you buy a Fantom

James Nguyen & Taz;

BEFORE you guys buy the Fantom, you may want to check this board out. There is a really good discussion going on about Dynos and interpreting the Data. These guys have used all of the different Dynos over the years.
Me, I ended up buying a Robitronic Pro Master Dyno recently.

Hobby Talk

Last edited by popsracer; 12-23-2002 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was going to get the Team Much More CTX-M motor master from Schumacher USA.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:25 PM
Taz
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the input. I have the Integy Dyno for at the track to check basics... I wouldnt recomend it for other then basic data. I will check out the other info.
Thanks Again!
Old 12-31-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Taz
Thanks for the input. I have the Integy Dyno for at the track to check basics... I wouldnt recomend it for other then basic data. I will check out the other info.
Thanks Again!
I got my Fantom Facts Machine from Stormer Hobbies. They have it in stock.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default fantom is the best

go for the fantom dynos they have awesome amounts of things you can do you can even do stuff like put in dimentions of the track then dyno the motor it will tell you exactly how to setup your car to get max performance
Old 12-31-2002, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a thought. Goto www.fantomracing.com and buy it via their online "Shopatron". Doesn't get much easier than going to the mfr's site.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Fantom dyno has been discontinued due to high manufacturing costs. At least thats what I heard.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Well its still listed on their site?
Old 01-01-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Fantom vs the World

Guys;

BEFORE you spend that kind of money on a Fantom Dyno. I would try to find someone who actually has one in your area and see what they have to say about one.
The Fantom seems to be prefered by 4 cell Oval racers as the Fantom does it's testing a 5 volts (not adjustable) and most of racers have Fantoms so they can compare Data with each other.

I bought the Robitronic Dyno because the standard test voltage is 7.5 volts,(adjustable) which is much closer to the actual voltage a motor will see with 6 cells.

Again, go to the Hobby Talk board and check out the discussions on Dyno's. There are several threads going on right now that may provide some more answers to your questions.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Fantom vs the World

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

BEFORE you spend that kind of money on a Fantom Dyno. I would try to find someone who actually has one in your area and see what they have to say about one.
The Fantom seems to be prefered by 4 cell Oval racers as the Fantom does it's testing a 5 volts (not adjustable) and most of racers have Fantoms so they can compare Data with each other.

I bought the Robitronic Dyno because the standard test voltage is 7.5 volts,(adjustable) which is much closer to the actual voltage a motor will see with 6 cells.

Again, go to the Hobby Talk board and check out the discussions on Dyno's. There are several threads going on right now that may provide some more answers to your questions.
That's true the Fantom Dyno uses a 5 V testing voltage, however, there is a mode in the software to convert the results to operating voltage. The reason why Fantom and Decco Software uses the 5 V testing voltage is to keep the motor from harm. There are a couple of motor companies that use the Fantom dyno to label their production motors (ie Trinity).
Old 01-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...104454420&rd=1