R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Integy Team Alignment Setup Station (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/11032-integy-team-alignment-setup-station.html)

Darkseid 12-23-2002 10:48 AM

Integy Team Alignment Setup Station

I was considering getting one of these. Anybody who has one got anything good or bad to say about it.

Also, I don't run a Losi or Associated, so I know the included Integy wheel nuts wont fit. But, would I really need to get the Integy metric ones, or can I just use my regular wheel nuts to hold the car in?

Thanks for the input.

rtypec 12-23-2002 11:08 AM

The Integy Allignment tool is well worth it. Also, you should consider getting the metric wheel nuts (even though you could use the ones that came with the car). Installing the station as well as setup wheels is a breeze with the thumb screws. I'd also recommend purchasing the carrying case, very bling bling.

KINGZJ 12-23-2002 11:10 AM

better off spending the extra $5 and get the metric and standard nuts. Sooner or later you will use them. The alignment station works very well I have used one for over a year now with no complatints. It is allot cheaper than the hudy one and works as good. If you know someone sponsored by integy you can get it for about $38 I think.

Darkseid 12-23-2002 11:30 AM

Thanks guys.

popsracer 12-23-2002 11:36 AM

Alignment Station

Guys;

I have the alignment station and mine came with the Metric thumb nuts.

STLNLST 12-23-2002 06:12 PM

Excellent set up tool. Everyone uses mine at the track. The only part of it that I don't use are the caster measuring tools. I run a losi and with set caster blocks what's the point??? When we set up the gas cars we use it from time to time.

Jarrod Langlois 12-23-2002 06:15 PM

i love my set. i think its better than the hudy station. mine came with the metric nuts as well. so for my tc3 i just use the wheel nuts.

JimmyMac 12-23-2002 08:14 PM

I'll back everyone up one this one. I think it's an excellent tool. And makes setting up your car a breeze. Especially with the wheel nuts. I even ended up getting the carrying case which is nice. Protects the toe gauge from getting scratched during transport. A setup station is a must for anyone getting tuning their cars.

Darkseid 12-24-2002 07:20 AM

I just don't understand why they didn't just offer the thing either with metric or US nuts. Instead of charging extra for the metric ones. I know Losi and Associated are popular, but their the only two of about 30 types of TC's out there that use US nuts. Anyway, maybe I'll get lucky and get one with the metric nuts without having to pay extra for them. If not, I'll pick them up later.

STLNLST: I really don't get the point of the front caster setting either. I have run cars with standard suspension and pivot balls. One thing was alway constant though, you knew how much caster you had. Even if it was adjustable, you still knew excatly how much. I guess if you lose your cars manual and don't know how much you get from putting this clip here, or that clip there, I guess it can be useful.

Seems like Integy has put together a nice product here, so it looks like a safe buy.

Thanks again for all the input.:cool:

patelladragger 12-24-2002 08:06 AM

i've had both and the integy is "better" IMO than the HUDY because you get more for the money and it's easier to read.

The case is wonderful, mine looks as it did new with no scratches. It's well designed, even has spots for you to put both sets of wheel nuts.

The caster tools, though you may not use them often, are useful for nitro or pillow ball. There are many cars that don't tell you in the manual how many degrees you will get for a given clip configuration, so if you want to know the value the tools are easy to use.

I have had two of them (I sold the first one and got the HUDY before I realized my mistake) both came with metric nuts.

Ian S 12-24-2002 10:59 AM

Is the integy station the same as the Fastrax setup station? The fastrax is like the hudy but doesnt come with a setup board and has machined blue anodised parts with a plexiglass toe in gauge. On the caster measurement its useful if you have modified the car to get more/less castor, like i know people have with the mission.

Northerner 12-24-2002 06:28 PM

my integy system is the best tool i own! its surprising how easy things can get out of alignment if you take a hit or snag a wall.

and the case for it is a mandatory investment and only ten bucks!

the aluminum is so much better and durable then the hudy plastic and will last forever!

i do own a hudy board tho for use with my integy gauges

this has to be the most important tool to have for setting up and maintaining your car! you will never regret getting one and for half the price of a hudy!!