What do you think of the helios (KO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of the helios (KO)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default What do you think of the helios (KO)

Hey guys i bought a new helios with a spektrum unit the other day,havent used it yet,but from what i have read every one says i should get a 3pk or m11,mainly because of the LCD size and crappy (supposedly) build quality of the 3pk.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Every high end radio is exactly the same performacewise, you dont get any advantage with one or the other.
The only "advantage" you get from one radio is if it's comfortabe in your hands, no radio is even close to fit my hands superbly like the Helios with angled dropdown. The 3PK is also butt-ugly
Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default radio

So they are a good radio?
Yeh i am the same as you,i hate the look of the 3pk and the ko feels so good.

What do you reckon about the deal i got .... for the helios(1mth old) with one of those tiny recievers the kr something (b. new) the module and 2 sets of xtals (b.new),the spektruim module and reciever (only 1 mth old)

All for 290 USD ,is this a good deal?
Old 04-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

I love my KO.....
Old 04-15-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah JDK, that's a smokin' deal.

You'll love the Helios. It's an excellent radio with all the same features as the other top end units. Plus, it's not ugly as hell like the 3PK... looks like a cop's radar gun and the M-8;11 radios are heavy as hell. The Helios is very light and extremely comfortable. Best radio available in my opinion.

Tony
Old 04-15-2006, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've never read anything but praises for the Helios. I had a M11 up until a few weeks ago, bought a Helios just wanting to try it out, and now I'm hooked on it! Its sooo much lighter than the M11, and just melts in my hand. I added the drop down wheel, and have it at a slight angle so its near perfect. Balance is near perfect too. I can see why JR ditched the R-1, for the new Z-1, (its a helios rebagged). The only myths I heard was of programming horrors, which again I found not true. The rotory dial programming is right up my alley since Futaba uses this with their high end aircraft radios, I have. I will say this if you run 1/5th nitro cars with multiple servo's and need special features the M11 does have more custom programming, but then again for electric and normal 1/10 nitro who needs all that extra stuff? I dont miss it. I jenuinely like Futaba, and had 3PJ's, but the 3PK is still the ugliest radio I've ever seen, it still looks like a radar gun no matter what color they keep changing to!
Old 04-15-2006, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Make sure you try the drop down wheel if you don't have one on your Helios yet. It makes a great radio feel even better. Put a LiPo pack in it and it just floats in your hand. I went from a 3PK to a Helios just because of the way it feels. There wasn't any functionality I felt was missing after the switch. Interesting how the new 3PKS has gone to a button and dial layout similar to the EX-10. I just had to get another one because my son took over my first one.

The radio is easy to program once you get used to KO's terms for expo and EPA. Just ask in the Helios thread if you have any questions.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

helios is very very "startrek" looking he8
Old 04-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

I wish the rx + crystal wasn't so expensive (the rx) 'cause I have many cars in my house.... .
Old 04-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Helios is a teriffic radio. Its light, comfortable and the scroll wheel is easy and fast. Best of all, the support at KoPropo is top notch. Call Robert and he'll walk you through any questions you might have. Simply the best radio around.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default re

Hands down the ugliest radio ever made. But also one of the best. Someone said the 3PK was uglier.....take a poll......I think the Helios would come out way ahead in the "ugly poll". Either one is great but then again.....how many racers use all the functions that both have!!
Old 04-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default tracrion control

Hey guys i was just wondering if you know if the helios has a traction control setting like the mars series,because by 5.5t brushless is laying down the power to hard and screwing my diffs and going thru tyres really quick.

If you remember the mars radios if you put traction control on the throttle and hooked up a servo to the throttle input on your reciever,it made the servo slow down alot which is what i want to happen with my throttle,my friend has a mars r and brushless and with the throttle control from holding it flat it take about 1-2 seconds to peak the motor.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, the Helios has a throttle speed adjustment, if that's what you're looking for. Scroll through the menu and you'll see it.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

You can set the throttle speed which will slow the rate at which it reaches full throttle, you can lower the throttle curve to make it a little softer coming out of corners at part throttle and you can set the throttle A.C.S. so it pulses the signal at part throttle.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Another up for the Helios!! I had an M8 before this radio and though it is a very good radio, it just never felt right in my hand. I was wasting time thinking about how I was holding it and not putting my full attention into my racing. Since the Helios purchase I only pay attention to my car on the track now!! Bottom line it is going to all be about personal preference and how it feels in your hand. There is no best, just what you like imo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.