Wiki Posts
Search

CRC 1/12 cars which one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default CRC 1/12 cars which one?

What's the better car to buy? The 3.2R or the T-Force. The price is the same. Is there an advantage or dis-advantage to either. What one do you recommend and why?

Thanks, Ron
Old 04-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i would have to lean more twards the 3.2r, because i dont realy like the idea of those t plate things. the 3.2r is a bit stronger, and you cant shake a stick in a hobby shop with out hitting a part for it.

but you really cant go wrong either way.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

I'm from Brazil and here we only found cars kit and parts on net, do you know any website that I can buy one?

thanks in advance

Sampaio
Old 04-14-2006, 03:53 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Ron_J
What's the better car to buy? The 3.2R or the T-Force. The price is the same. Is there an advantage or dis-advantage to either. What one do you recommend and why?

Thanks, Ron
All I can say is the CRC 3.2R is a great car. You can not go wrong. Since running this car I have made all the A-Mains in 1.12th Mod this year with my lowest finish being 4th. The nice thing behind the 3.2R is you never worry about your T-Bar cracking. Also the 3.2R took the top 2 positions at the recent 1.12 Euros over T-Bar cars.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as I'm concerned Carpet knife is great for carpet (as the name indicates) and T-Fource for ashalt. Having a t-bar finished on 3rd position at the euros only means that both cars are almost identical and you should buy the one you like most

Having a t-bar can be sometimes pain in the ass since on a severe hit it can break! (I broke 3 on 3 concecutives tries!!) But on the other hand is more suitable for outdoor racing (where I use it)

Nick
Old 04-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great,

but anyone knows a internet shop that sales CRC and ship to Brazil?

[]s

Sampaio
Old 04-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

We are one the largest 1/12 scale parts stores at www.rcscrewz.com - we shipworld wide - and stock all associated, CRC, Speedmerchant, Corally, BMI all parts.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Try Nick at www.rcring.com .... I am sure he will help you out. He has tons of CRC parts.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have both cars the 3.2R and the T-Force I like them both! But I will say one thing Calandra has sure improved the 3.2R from a car that was already fast! Like Hodge said for Him being a TC and Offroad driver(and we all know they have heavy fingers lol) he sure rips with that Knife he drives and the car looks great!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:15 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by serpentracer1
I have both cars the 3.2R and the T-Force I like them both! But I will say one thing Calandra has sure improved the 3.2R from a car that was already fast! Like Hodge said for Him being a TC and Offroad driver(and we all know they have heavy fingers lol) he sure rips with that Knife he drives and the car looks great!

You are right on that one...I could dump anything in a 5 minute run....NO PROBLEM!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea but your getting this 12th scale thing cooking!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:43 AM
SPC

Originally Posted by Ron_J

Thanks, Ron
E-mail me at [email protected]. I have a brand new, in the box, CRC 3.2R, including the new chassis that I'll sell at a great price. Another racer wanted it and I started to assemble it for him. I only got the some of the front end parts assembled then he changed his mind. I've practiced and raced the identical car on carpet and it's awesome!

Tom Himes
SPC Racing

Last edited by SPC; 04-18-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Having raced off road, 10th touring car and now 12th, the ck 3.2 I would say is the way to go, as soon as these little babies are set up nothing on the track will come close!!

There easy to set up, there is great support from the crc website in regards to set ups and you don't need to worry about a T bar, but hey it depends on where your racing!!

These cars are about to explode over here in the UK, with a lot of none sponsored drivers competing with team driver on an even keel, thanks to Frank and Co!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nnick
As far as I'm concerned Carpet knife is great for carpet (as the name indicates) and T-Fource for ashalt. Having a t-bar finished on 3rd position at the euros only means that both cars are almost identical and you should buy the one you like most

Having a t-bar can be sometimes pain in the ass since on a severe hit it can break! (I broke 3 on 3 concecutives tries!!) But on the other hand is more suitable for outdoor racing (where I use it)

Nick

Actually the last world's was on asphalt. both CRC cars that made the A-main were carpet knifes. (Reinhardt, Groskamp)
Old 04-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not sure if t-bar was available at the time. Marc finished top 3 at last years IIC on carpet with t-bar

What I'm trying to say is that both cars are equally competitive. T-bar is slightly suited for asphalt and carpet knife for carpet. The reason is carpet knife even if you don't hit anything it will require checking tweak whilist with t-bar you may be lucky (I know you should check it at all times but sometimes there is no time )

That's why I propose to buy whatever he likes most and secondly for which he can find parts easier

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.