R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-22-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Send a message via AIM to astonmartini03
Default How To Studd Micro RS4 Tires

This is a pretty cool way to studd your Micro RS4 Tires although I have not been able to totally test it because our ice is not very smooth right now. I do know that it at least works for going forward and I assume it will work for turning, but I have not finished the front tires yet. Words from the wise: WEAR SHOES. <p>1. Your going to want to gather about 120 thumb tacks from the hardware store or around the house. Cut off the tips (about two mm) of each one and keep one tack in tact to punch holes - test the length you desire of studd on one before you cut all of them.</p>
<p>2. The front tires will need 9 holes around and 3 across, the rear about 10 holes around and 3 across. Experiment with these numbers to find what works best and post what you find.
</p>3. Using needle nose pliers, insert the tips of the thumb tacks part way into the holes one at a time. From there they can be pushed in the rest of the way with your finger nails. Be careful not to push them all the way through.
<p>4. Insert them across each row and then move to the next row. After you are finished with three, seal the underside with quick dry super glue. It works best to do two tires at a time so when one row is drying you can be working on the next on the other tire.
<p>5. I use double sided tap instead of gluing the tires on the rims - it works well and allows you to switch rims and mess around with the studs to tweak them or add/remove them.</p>
<p> If I can get a picture of the ones I have done so far I'll post it - Good Luck! and e-mail me if you have any questions.
astonmartini03 is offline   Reply With Quote