Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo BD11

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default BD11 on sale rcMart

Just a heads-up. rcMart dropped the price on BD11 carbon version to $550USD. I think aluminum version is about $15USD more. With Speedpost shipping it’s about $600USD. No import taxes either. Don’t know how the US online shops can compete selling their kits at over $700USD.
Isaac likes this.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Anyone running the BD11 on black ozite?
It's very hard to find a black ozite track nowadays...
Old 08-13-2022, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Can you run a shorty with this chassis?
Old 08-13-2022, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kaifd3s
Can you run a shorty with this chassis?
Yes, it fits the BD10 shorty battery holder kit.
Kaifd3s likes this.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Welp, I done did it. I went and purchased a BD11. Seemed fitting considering my first foray into 1/10 Touring car so many years ago was an MR4TC circa 1999 or so. I do feel a little bad going with that HK Company though (rcmart), we'll see if it even shows up. Though thinking about Yokomo, I am taken back to a time when we used to hang out with "The Fabulous" Barry Baker, he was room mates with some folks at the track, we would pop over there for a night cap after a race night. It was amazing to watch him source parts for his car. He literally had boxes of parts, unpackaged, unlabeled, and would sit there with micrometers looking for the best parts for his car. Those were the days my friend.

At any rate, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me an idea of some of the oils (shock, diff I am assuming) that would be a good baseline for a small outdoor asphalt track. Also there doesn't seem to be much of a selection of springs for the car, I guess this is normal now, or am I missing something? (I am still getting over the shock of pre-glued tires... that was one of my favorite parts of race day... gluing tires)

Thank you for any assistance in advance!
Old 08-16-2022, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC10_goldNwhite
Welp, I done did it. I went and purchased a BD11. Seemed fitting considering my first foray into 1/10 Touring car so many years ago was an MR4TC circa 1999 or so. I do feel a little bad going with that HK Company though (rcmart), we'll see if it even shows up. Though thinking about Yokomo, I am taken back to a time when we used to hang out with "The Fabulous" Barry Baker, he was room mates with some folks at the track, we would pop over there for a night cap after a race night. It was amazing to watch him source parts for his car. He literally had boxes of parts, unpackaged, unlabeled, and would sit there with micrometers looking for the best parts for his car. Those were the days my friend.

At any rate, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me an idea of some of the oils (shock, diff I am assuming) that would be a good baseline for a small outdoor asphalt track. Also there doesn't seem to be much of a selection of springs for the car, I guess this is normal now, or am I missing something? (I am still getting over the shock of pre-glued tires... that was one of my favorite parts of race day... gluing tires)

Thank you for any assistance in advance!
Yokomo have literally lots of springs. Loads of options and all sorts of progressives.

oils for shocks 35-37wt Axon is common. Diff oils depending on your grip levels really and driving style. In the Uk 3-4K works well outdoor.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:42 AM
Tech Rookie

In my opinion, Yokomo BD11 is still the best of the ones I have experienced
Old 08-16-2022, 08:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BKUK
Yokomo have literally lots of springs. Loads of options and all sorts of progressives.

oils for shocks 35-37wt Axon is common. Diff oils depending on your grip levels really and driving style. In the Uk 3-4K works well outdoor.
Thank you for that info, The springs must span different models... I'll dig a little deeper
Old 08-17-2022, 02:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Anyone running the BD11 on black ozite?
Hey, I ran the BD10 in 2019 at 180 all season...very good car on the black CRC carpet. Placed 3rd at the NYGP with it in USGT. Hope you get one and come out, should be fun
Isaac likes this.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Hey, I ran the BD10 in 2019 at 180 all season...very good car on the black CRC carpet. Placed 3rd at the NYGP with it in USGT. Hope you get one and come out, should be fun
I picked one up and getting it ready for USGT at 180 for this Fall/Winter.
The Teacher likes this.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I find myself a bit confused here, just started my build and am in shock that the front diff is locked. In my mind that is going to make a car the has severe understeer, possibly cook the front tires (quickly), and have absolute requirements for using the brakes to slow down for a turn. I am not making judgements until I get her on the track, this just seems wild to me. Back in the day I was addicted to one-ways, I love a car that over-steers (or loose), so this is probably gong to be a challenging set up for me. I have been looking around and have not seen an option for a one-way front differential. Has anyone adapted a gear diff up front for a little more steering, or am I just off my rocker?
Old 08-23-2022, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I find myself a bit confused here, just started my build and am in shock that the front diff is locked. In my mind that is going to make a car the has severe understeer, possibly cook the front tires (quickly), and have absolute requirements for using the brakes to slow down for a turn. I am not making judgements until I get her on the track, this just seems wild to me. Back in the day I was addicted to one-ways, I love a car that over-steers (or loose), so this is probably gong to be a challenging set up for me. I have been looking around and have not seen an option for a one-way front differential. Has anyone adapted a gear diff up front for a little more steering, or am I just off my rocker?
Every competitive touring car has a spool (locked diff) up front.
Marcos.J, DirkW and mr.rev like this.
Old 08-23-2022, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just as gigaplex said, pretty much all modern race cars come with front spools (and most setups don't use anything but). One-ways have fallen out of favor a long time ago, I'm afraid. For most modern cars, you will not find one even as an option. They are even illegal in some racing series (USVTA being one of them). And even people who opt to use gear diffs in front instead of the spool, put very heavy fluids into these (usually around 1M or 2M). Just go ahead and try. Today's cars are manufactured with a front spool in mind.
mr.rev and RC10_goldNwhite like this.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Every competitive touring car has a spool (locked diff) up front.
That is crazy to me, completely unheard of the last time I pulled a TC off the track.

Originally Posted by DirkW
Just as gigaplex said, pretty much all modern race cars come with front spools (and most setups don't use anything but). One-ways have fallen out of favor a long time ago, I'm afraid. For most modern cars, you will not find one even as an option. They are even illegal in some racing series (USVTA being one of them). And even people who opt to use gear diffs in front instead of the spool, put very heavy fluids into these (usually around 1M or 2M). Just go ahead and try. Today's cars are manufactured with a front spool in mind.
Thank you for this explain, I appreciate the input and won't be making any judgements until she is on the track. This seems like it is going to be a bit more of an adventure than I was planning, it is exciting.
Old 08-27-2022, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

I have one, really dumb, question. I've finished the build, however I didn't see where to mount the antenna mount. Anyone willing to snap a pic of where they mounted it?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.