Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree629Likes

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Steering link cero sport

My question is do I need to cut one of the ball cups to get the steering link to be exactly the length stated in the manual 43.7. I screwed both ball cups in to the max and just barely get 43.7 total length. Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 12-09-2023, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default bumper

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
I ended up never using the stock bumper. IMO it makes you mount your body too far forward. But to answer your question, the answer is always Xray. lol Xray bumper fits great.
Hi, Which Xray bumper would I need for my Cero Sport? Part number? just bought a Cero Sport and in the build process now. The stock bumper is hard and I do not like it.
Old 12-09-2023, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
My fleet of cero ultras... this was an upgrade for me from my 23 xray X4 and my xpress at1 shaft car... seriously it was a upgrade... after getting the sport and seeing how unbelievable the quality was for a sport car then getting the V2 and realizing this is actually better than my x-ray in just about every single aspect I was in shock ....then when I saw how amazingly they drove on the track I said forget it I'm getting rid of everything else and running these... guys if you're thinking about it don't, just do it... if they had the top level drivers they would be winning constantly....
fat500 What surface?
Old 12-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac112
Hi, Which Xray bumper would I need for my Cero Sport? Part number? just bought a Cero Sport and in the build process now. The stock bumper is hard and I do not like it.
Have a look at my post a couple back. You don’t need X-ray unless you’d prefer to spend 20bucks rather than 4$ for a piece of foam.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-10-2023, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is everyone running for shims under the arms for usgt on black carpet. Car was wayyyyy too aggressive with 0 and a bwoah body im switching to a less aggressive one but the car was too aggressive with steering and the back end was following just as aggressively. Too into the carpet
Old 12-10-2023, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knightrider
What is everyone running for shims under the arms for usgt on black carpet. Car was wayyyyy too aggressive with 0 and a bwoah body im switching to a less aggressive one but the car was too aggressive with steering and the back end was following just as aggressively. Too into the carpet
At least 1mm all the way around. For VTA and the new Gravity tires (V2) I ended up with 2mm front and none in the rear. That was because the car was too aggressive on turn in. It was really good after that.
Old 12-10-2023, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

I'm doing 2.5 mm all the way around. Was thinking about going to 3.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Now that we have a "64" version and a "55" version, is there any general agreement on which layout is better for carpet? (Or better yet, some science to explain it?)
Old 12-11-2023, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
Now that we have a "64" version and a "55" version, is there any general agreement on which layout is better for carpet? (Or better yet, some science to explain it?)
You will find that discussion some ways back about which is preferred on the Cero Ultra which has the option of either.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default V2 on carper

Has anyone ran the v2 with cf chassis on high bite carpet? I have two v1 ace kits with the alum chassis built and two v2 but with cf chassis. I run usgt and 21.5 in carpet in winter and asphalt in summer. Was hoping for a release of an alum chassis for the v2 and would sell the two ace and swap chassis’ for each surface. Any idea when alum chassis is coming for v2 cero or can i run cf on both carpet and asphalt. Am a b main driver at best so….
Old 12-13-2023, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooch692000
Has anyone ran the v2 with cf chassis on high bite carpet? I have two v1 ace kits with the alum chassis built and two v2 but with cf chassis. I run usgt and 21.5 in carpet in winter and asphalt in summer. Was hoping for a release of an alum chassis for the v2 and would sell the two ace and swap chassis’ for each surface. Any idea when alum chassis is coming for v2 cero or can i run cf on both carpet and asphalt. Am a b main driver at best so….
I have done both. Saturday I ran the V2 as a VTA and last night the V1 alloy with the same setup to start including electronics. At his point I don't see a significant difference other than the V2 graphite need a lot of ballast to hit weight. By the end of the night I had run a much faster T15 with the V1 alloy. That might speak well for that config.
Best bet is wait for the V2 Ace.
Isaac likes this.
Old 12-15-2023, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Learning some stuff as I'm going through the V2 build. So far so good with a couple exceptions.. The Upper Arms that some are having trouble with got me as well. Ran the Turnbuckle into the Ball Cup too far and exploded one. The others I ran in just far enough to distort them and cause them to bind on the Ballstud. In the trash they go. Greg had great advice, run the Turnbuckle into the Arm to about 1mm below the end of the Arm. Then thread on the Ballcup to correct length...
Also, seems to me, pushing the Upper Arms onto the Bulkhead Ballstuds is sketchy. Really don't like how much force I'm having to use. My ballstud pliers wont quite work for that. Any insights?
Rob...
Old 12-16-2023, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robio
Learning some stuff as I'm going through the V2 build. So far so good with a couple exceptions.. The Upper Arms that some are having trouble with got me as well. Ran the Turnbuckle into the Ball Cup too far and exploded one. The others I ran in just far enough to distort them and cause them to bind on the Ballstud. In the trash they go. Greg had great advice, run the Turnbuckle into the Arm to about 1mm below the end of the Arm. Then thread on the Ballcup to correct length...
Also, seems to me, pushing the Upper Arms onto the Bulkhead Ballstuds is sketchy. Really don't like how much force I'm having to use. My ballstud pliers wont quite work for that. Any insights?
Rob...
What I do is place a quarter on top of the arm centered over the ball cup then press down with the chassis sitting flat on my work bench. That way the pressure is on the ball cup itself and not on the arm chancing breaking the arm. Just easy steady pressure and it pops right on nice and free.
Old 12-17-2023, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
What I do is place a quarter on top of the arm centered over the ball cup then press down with the chassis sitting flat on my work bench. That way the pressure is on the ball cup itself and not on the arm chancing breaking the arm. Just easy steady pressure and it pops right on nice and free.
I like it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-18-2023, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone found an alternative sway bar for this car? I have the largest 3r sway bar in the rear of my car but might want a larger one for the nose, I looked at all the Xray bars in the hobby shop yesterday and none of them seemed to line up. I'm currently using the 3R xi-sport 3 dot sway bar in the rear, was hoping I could find the equivalent 4 dot for the front. I'm assuming the 3 dot is a 1.3mm. From my testing and findings, these cars definitely want the stiffer sway bars on black carpet. I have been fighting traction rolling for weeks, once I went to the stiffer sway bar in the rear it calmed the car down tremendously, just a tad bit tippy initially and wanted to test a stiffer sway bar up front. I've got some more coming in from RaceVTA.com but given that they're for an older car I hope they work and 3R is still making them. I will say we do have a very punishing layout at Apex right now and my car has felt as good as it ever has, it just needs a tiny bit more stability and I'll be able to push the car for all she's got.

PS: EA is selling Protoform VTA tires at wholesale price, get them while there's any left. $15 a pair.
Protoform VTA Pre-Mounted Tires — Team EAM, Inc (teameamotorsports.com)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.