Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hi Guys, question on the Tamiya TT-01 Enzo >

Hi Guys, question on the Tamiya TT-01 Enzo

Hi Guys, question on the Tamiya TT-01 Enzo

Old 04-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi Guys, question on the Tamiya TT-01 Enzo

Hi,

Okay, I'm not an R/C newb. I've been driving the a TC-3 Nitro for about a year now. I mostly enjoy detailing bodies and building nice-ass looking cars, but I enjoy racing it too, just for fun.

I just moved to the Harrisburg area, and have found with some dismay that nitro on-road racing doesn't have much of a place around here. I've found nitro off-road, electric off-road, and electric ON-road, but no nitro on-road.

So, I've been contemplating getting an electric on-road car. I just recently picked up an Enzo body (Proline) for my TC3 for kicks, and was looking for another body to make a show-car out of. I found a Tamiya TT-01 Enzo electric kit for $83 bucks online. I'll need the radio (but I'm guessing I can just use my TC-3 radio) and I guess some batteries and chargers. But I can get that stuff.

I did some reading already, and have generally read good stuff about the TT-01 Chassis. I understand I should make it "ball-raced," which I have no idea what that means. But is there anything else you guys can tell me about the TT-01? Is $83 a good price for it with a body? I'll be using it on an indoor road course, on carpet. I'm not looking to do national competition, just fun-running on the weekends.

Tips tricks ideas? Should I buy it and figure the rest out later? I think it's a limited time sale...

Jeff Knapp
Old 04-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Geez, no one with any advice? Hmmm, maybe I'm at the wrong website.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

seeing as how u plan on racing I would skip the TT-01 and get the TA-05 exteremely compeitive out of the box. Seing as how u were using a TC3 in nitro u will get more satisfaction out the TA-05. As for batteries u don't need the best packs yet look for the cheaper ones from BrOOd, Fusion, Express. And for charger The duratrax ICE is the best value for money cahrger u can get right now. U will need a motor but I suggest seeing what classes are being run at teh local track then come back and get advice on the best one for that class.

Cheers Superkarter
Old 04-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have to agree with Superkarter, since you have experience with a NTC3 you should be looking at a TA05 or even a second hand TC3 / TC4 as you would already have some parts that should be albe to act as spares if you break parts.

You can always change the body shell on the kit you buy, if you really like the look of the Enzo you can buy the shell separately and put it on the car you decide to get.

About ballraced: Basic kits come with plastic bushings originally, these are pretty poor if you want to be a racer as they create friction. Ballraced is replacing these bushings with ball bearings and allowing the car to run smoother and for longer
Old 04-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

It looks like the TA-05 is belt-driven - is this the only way to get one?

On a side note, what about the Trinity A-Spec. I just picked one up from Ebay from 43 bucks, with an extra motor, wheels, body, and a few other things. It needs a few things, but I figured at 43 bucks, I wasn't losing much if I still decide to get something else.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jscustoms
It looks like the TA-05 is belt-driven - is this the only way to get one?
Yep, TA-05 is a belt drive car.