Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Orion Advantage w/ LiPo or Team Much More Cell master? >

Team Orion Advantage w/ LiPo or Team Much More Cell master?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Advantage w/ LiPo or Team Much More Cell master?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Cool Team Orion Advantage w/ LiPo or Team Much More Cell master?

I'm looking to get new charger and I wanted to know wich is better the Team Orion Advantage w/ LiPo or Team Much More Cell master, and why?

Thanks
RH
Old 04-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Any opinons?

RH
Old 04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would personally grab a Much More Racing Cell Master. I'm not sure about the newer lipo version of the orion advantage, but I remember thre original one having a pretty non linear charge current. It would fluctuate pretty easily. The Cell Master is realllllllly linear, and gives a better overall charge. I personally dont like the menu's int he advantage charger either.... The cell master is pretty easy.

I've been using mine along with their heatsink and warming tray and it's been working awesome for me. I use the heatsink during charging because it equalizes cel temperature while charging, then if I peak to early before a race I drop the battery into the warming tray. It seems like the internal resistance int he battery is almost directly related to the temperature of the battery. They need to be warm if you want some rip out of it.

-Korey
Old 04-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have an Advantage and it works great. The Orion and Much More chargers are essentially the same unit with different software.

The Orion is little cheaper, uses a magnetic temp probe and has a very basic motor run-in feature.

The Much more has a better menu system, finer adjustments, a std temp probe and supports an option batter warming tray.

They are both great units. I would say that if you need the motor run-in and the Orion menu system doesn't bother you go with it, otherwise you would probably be happier with the Much More.

Mark
Old 04-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

I know the new Advantage has a step charge feature which is supposed to be good and is used by some of the top sponsored Orion drivers.

Skiddins

I don't know much about the Much More charger.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtveten
I have an Advantage and it works great. The Orion and Much More chargers are essentially the same unit with different software.

The Orion is little cheaper, uses a magnetic temp probe and has a very basic motor run-in feature.

The Much more has a better menu system, finer adjustments, a std temp probe and supports an option batter warming tray.

They are both great units. I would say that if you need the motor run-in and the Orion menu system doesn't bother you go with it, otherwise you would probably be happier with the Much More.

Mark
Just to clarify, the Muchmore and Orion chargers are not the same unit with different software...they are made by unrelated manufacturers. Also, Muchmore chargers now include magnetic temperature probes.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Ok well it looks like I'm heavily considering the TMM Cell Master. I was wondering, who has the best price on the Cell Master.

RH