Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree187Likes

Roche Rapide P12 Evo2 1/12th Competition Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The simplicity of the reactive caster is nice. Its not possible it would bung up the free arm movement when adding shims?
Old 11-09-2021, 01:44 PM
gwc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Very interesting what they did with the upper pivot ball design. It aluminum (not plastic) and the damping is applied within the upper pivot ball assembly - not on the kingpin. The steering block pivots on the kingpin and isn't affected by the damping fluid in the upper pivot ball assembly.
This is my only concern with the new kit and it is probably unfounded but it doesn't cost much to wait and see!
Old 11-09-2021, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by valk
The simplicity of the reactive caster is nice. Its not possible it would bung up the free arm movement when adding shims?
No - one end is a slotted hole so it will stay perfectly free.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gwc
This is my only concern with the new kit and it is probably unfounded but it doesn't cost much to wait and see!
A friend of mine is getting one so I'll get really good feedback from him on the car - he's a dominate racer in my area and wants his track record back
gwc likes this.
Old 11-09-2021, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sounds like you have owned a yokomo as well 🤣
hanulec and gwc like this.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:29 PM
gwc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
A friend of mine is getting one so I'll get really good feedback from him on the car - he's a dominate racer in my area and wants his track record back
Yea one of the better drivers at my track is getting one (When they ship?) and I'll get a first hand look see 😎
Old 11-11-2021, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

haha nah i never owned a yokomo but was tempted to try them out. i cant really see anything in the manual to indicate that the rear ballstud would be at an angle or riding a slot, so my concern still stands a little bit. i prob wont get one til the new year if its already on backorder. also no racing planned in our region after December so ill enjoy the reviews for now.
gwc likes this.
Old 11-12-2021, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

haha nah i never owned a yokomo but was tempted to try them out. i cant really see anything in the manual to indicate that the rear ballstud would be at an angle or riding a slot, so my concern still stands a little bit. i prob wont get one til the new year if its already on backorder. also no racing planned in our region after December so ill enjoy the reviews for now.
I built the front end last night and it’s perfectly fine it doesn’t bind up the more shims you add for reactive caster. It all feels very solid once all put together but will be interesting how much tweak in the event of a crash. The new method of dampening behind the upper pin is interesting. I had one issue with the thread missing out of the alloy part where the caster ball stud goes. I was able to cut my own thread with a screw and some black grease. All fine but if it was worse I would have asked for a replacement part.
gwc and bentouttashape like this.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:52 AM
gwc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BKUK
I built the front end last night and it’s perfectly fine it doesn’t bind up the more shims you add for reactive caster. It all feels very solid once all put together but will be interesting how much tweak in the event of a crash. The new method of dampening behind the upper pin is interesting. I had one issue with the thread missing out of the alloy part where the caster ball stud goes. I was able to cut my own thread with a screw and some black grease. All fine but if it was worse I would have asked for a replacement part.
Is there enough movement to remove the kingpin from the steering block without detaching the upper arm from the caster block?
Old 11-12-2021, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Yeh it just slides out. One of the smoothest front ends I’ve seen.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

ETA on second batch?
Old 11-14-2021, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Having just built mine I don't like the quality of the ULP screws. Even with a new driver they want to round off. Plus one of set screws for the side spring retainer had a poor quality hex so I had to use it in the damper tube .
gwc likes this.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tim fry
Having just built mine I don't like the quality of the ULP screws. Even with a new driver they want to round off. Plus one of set screws for the side spring retainer had a poor quality hex so I had to use it in the damper tube .
Yeh I agree they’re not the best. I’m going to
replace them.
hanulec and gwc like this.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
ETA on second batch?
Should ship out this upcoming week to Roche RC USA
gwc likes this.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BKUK
Yeh I agree they’re not the best. I’m going to
replace them.
just need to find some decent replacements

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.