Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone prefer FK05 over T2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

i understand your comments fully, but to further discuss.

Tamale and other makes parts are of outstanding quality because the Xray aluminun hopups (yes that is what they are, don't mistake it) are basically not of top quality metals, talking from experience they bend easily and for most are considered very expensive disposable parts. Tamale parts for instance are absolutely top quality never bent one item and be for sure I hit plenty of boards. Some aftermarket companies (1man shops) do it because they love the work and get fed with subpar parts.
just my 2 cents.

back to topic:
T2 is a great car without a doubt, but (the big butt) the chassis designed with good intent does tweak!
Fk05 is just as good and quite durable.
all comes down to which one you feel more comfortable driving.
Can't WE JUST ALL GET ALONG

Now if any companies out there want to sponsor me, please send me a PM. No i'm not in anyway a top world class driver. I'm just the average scrub drivers who can put the product thru the QA test. If I can't break it, bend it, crack it or tweak it then it's absolutely top quality.

Last edited by olhipster1; 04-04-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Twin-Kyle,

I understand what you are saying, but you really do live in a world where the sky is blue and the grass is green.

In everyday situations, with everyday products, you will never find the utlimate doohickey to fulfill all your needs. Though companies may make their best attempt at doing so, there are always companies out there that are willing to make the effort to make those products even better by offering something as a replacement.

It happens everyday with cars, houses, computers machinery and every other hobby out there.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

This is funny. I think people got this whole tweak thing in their mind and now EVERYONE has it.. My T2 is awesome, no tweak and it is fast, oh and I would run a car berfore I came on a public forum to complain.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jland
oh and I would run a car berfore I came on a public forum to complain.

Didn't need to run it,my brother has one,saw what he was doing and knew I had to sell it.

I sold it as new,helped me get what I paid for it.

Last edited by Twin-Kyle; 04-04-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

im done wasting my breath on deaf ears. bobby explained it all to me
Old 04-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This guy will never change his tune... I run only carpet with foam tires and I have had NO tweak issues with the STOCK chassis... then again since I have actually raced the car to form my opinion.... how can my findings compete with a guy who NEVER ran his T2
Old 04-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

i couldnt get it stiff enough though the car was far too safe no matter what i did
Old 04-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Either car is very capable of winning in the right persons hands! I know Brandon Melton won Snowbirds Sportsman 19T with the 05 and was sitting 2 in the B in stk.

I ran my 05 locally all carpet season against guys running the T2, I didn't have NOT ONE of them finish higher than me, nor did they put in a faster overall Qual. time.

Now I will say that I saw one guy at my local track pick up 6secs. overall after a few weeks of running his T2 VS him running his 05 for almost a year. But I saw a few that went the other way as well.

So as stated either car CAN and will win in the right hands.....

As for all the other post about chassis and difference in cars here is my take...

The 05 is a TANK, fast but harder to work on than the T2! T2 has some great advancements over the 05 (as it should, newer car design) The T2 has somethings i am not to fond of but so did the 05. So its a wash LOL

As for aftermarket chassis... I was one of the guys that when I built my T2 had Tweak issuse with it. I have since fixed them but it took more work than just building the kit as I had done with the 05! I really don't see what the fuss is about after market chassis and spending the money on them.....Most everyone for CARPET /FOAMTIRE racing buys adifferent chassis than they will run on aspahlt with rubber tires.

On your 05 either you bought a BMI kit or you bought the X-ray 3mm chassis (or was one of the lucky ones to get both in some kits) So why complain about having to buy the same thing for the T2???? Can you make the STK chassis work on carpet with the T2, SURE YOU CAN! Could you make the 05 work with the STK. 2.5 mm chassis SURE YOU COULD, Hell even Paulie ran a 2mm chassis onthe 05 and WON with it.....BTW so did Brandon Melton at Snowbirds!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think both cars are great, I dont see why this tweek issue is such a big deal, if you hit the boards hard enough, there isnt are car made that is tweek free. I put a 3mm BMI chassis on my FK05, I didnt have to but I like the quality and lets face it every car made now has some sort of thicker aftermarket chassis. Its all part of the game. Gosh I love RC