Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

About a Al chassis plate would be undesired on Asphalt and CF is not included in the kit:

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Flex characteristics affects handling, plus you don't really need that low of a CG on low traction tracks as it won't ever traction roll. Plus asphalt absolutely shreds alloy chassis to bits.
Hmm, many other classes have Al chassis plates and survive, At least you have the CF option at the E4 (Awesomatics doesn´t but they also run it on asphalt.)
Flex affects handling - yes, but the E3 and E4 can be easily adjusted by the top deck mounting points that you use.

Best regards Erhard
Old 04-08-2021, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone know the weight difference between the carbon and kit alloy chassis?
Old 04-08-2021, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Red141
Anyone know the weight difference between the carbon and kit alloy chassis?
I just changed out on mine. From what I recall it was 30g difference.
Red141 likes this.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syxxstring
Ran a half dozen packs in mine yesterday. Car is immediately consistent and ready to drive. A minute but noticeable improvement over my 3. In our Outlaw GT12(25.5 2s) class we use a spec Gravity tire so I'm using the Core spool hubs from my 3 with the spacer.
I'll need to get some parts to upgrade my 3 as a loaner/backup car.
hi, do you have any set up tips for gt12 rubber on black carpet tight track?
Old 05-03-2021, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erhard
Hmm, many other classes have Al chassis plates and survive, At least you have the CF option at the E4 (Awesomatics doesn´t but they also run it on asphalt.)
Nobody local to me runs Al chassis plates in any class on asphalt if they can avoid it. The few guys I've seen running AMX pan cars have massive gouges on the chassis plate where it has made contact with the track. Luckily we have a local CF guru (Bezerk RC) who does custom orders. Lots of guys give him their Al parts to measure up and get CF equivalents.
Originally Posted by Erhard
Flex affects handling - yes, but the E3 and E4 can be easily adjusted by the top deck mounting points that you use.
You can change flex with top deck adjustments, but you'll still end up with different flex characteristics using CF vs Al.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What does the mass damper set do and where does it mount? U8137 is the part number I am asking about. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2021, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0010
What does the mass damper set do and where does it mount? U8137 is the part number I am asking about. Thanks!
It can mount up front or at the rear by the axle. It helps keep the chassis settled over bumps.
0010 likes this.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone make a taller/more robust front battery stop for the Eclipse 4? Our track is small and tight. One tap on the inside rail in a high speed corner can send you head on into the outside wall at full speed and cause the battery to jump over the thin piece of CF. I have had that happen twice now. Once it knocked my ESC loose from the mounting tape. I was wondering if anyone made a taller piece to prevent that from happening. I wish they hadn't incorporated the damper mount into the battery stop, otherwise, I would just mount several of those pieces together to make a thicker version. I would love to hear what others may have done to solve this. Or am I the only one that hits things?

Old 05-25-2021, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I put a 1 or 1.5 mm shim under the battery stopper. I then put the same size shim on the ball stud for the top of the center damper to maintain the original angle.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone make a taller/more robust front battery stop for the Eclipse 4? Our track is small and tight. One tap on the inside rail in a high speed corner can send you head on into the outside wall at full speed and cause the battery to jump over the thin piece of CF. I have had that happen twice now. Once it knocked my ESC loose from the mounting tape. I was wondering if anyone made a taller piece to prevent that from happening. I wish they hadn't incorporated the damper mount into the battery stop, otherwise, I would just mount several of those pieces together to make a thicker version. I would love to hear what others may have done to solve this. Or am I the only one that hits things?
We use thin double sided carpet tape under the battery, replacing every battery change. That stops the battery from moving. Only a small strip is required.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Like Trev said or I use 3M thin double sided tape for photos. It's available in 'permanent' or removable. The permanent will keep the battery from moving and come off the battery when finished. You can find it at Walmart or craft stores in the scrapbooking section.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys!
Old 07-07-2021, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is there a Carbon chassis option for this car, I want to run GT12 which has a big following in Florida asphalt tracks
Old 07-07-2021, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Is there a Carbon chassis option for this car, I want to run GT12 which has a big following in Florida asphalt tracks

They do, part number U8175.

Patrick
dawgmeat likes this.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi can anyone tell me the correct part for eclipse 4 carbon fiber chassis plate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.