Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT TC4 Aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default FT TC4 Aftermarket parts

what is probably the best aftermarket maker of FT TC4 parts? And can someone give me a list of makers of FT TC4 parts
Old 03-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

i know that 3Racing has some hop ups for the TC4, are there any others?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Any aftermarket company that makes aftermarket parts will make something for the TC4. All depends on what you want.

Best performace stuff would probably be IRS.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC4 parts.

I never found any good hopups other than the Sqaure aluminum spur gear mount. 3racing towers flex and IRS aluminum imput shafts were off, so I gave up on them. I loved my Losi JRX-S shocks on it and they were a direct fit.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The 3 racing alloy steering blocks and hub carriers work well
Old 03-30-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

3Racing Titanium axles/driveshafts
Lunsford hindgepins/susppension pins
Old 03-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

I have been making carbon fiber drive shafts for the TC4 (other shaft drive touring cars as well). Pretty trick and they weight in at 5.5-6g veruss 13g for the stock shaft. In my opinion, the easiest way to drop lap times. PM if interested or click on the link under my signature for more details.

Erik
Old 03-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I never found any good hopups other than the Sqaure aluminum spur gear mount. 3racing towers flex and IRS aluminum imput shafts were off, so I gave up on them. I loved my Losi JRX-S shocks on it and they were a direct fit.
How off for IRS input shaft on TC4? And flex on 3racing shock towers???
Old 03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

I wouldn't consider anything made by 3 Racing a hop up...more like a down grade. The C/F is thinner and of a lower quality. Best bet is to skip it.

The very, very ealry IRS input shafts (about 5 years ago in the early days of the TC3) were a tad off. I haven't had any problems with them since (I ran them for 3 years in 2 TC3 and currently run them in my 2 TC4 and they are factory perfect!!).
Old 03-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koabich
I wouldn't consider anything made by 3 Racing a hop up...more like a down grade. The C/F is thinner and of a lower quality. Best bet is to skip it.

The very, very ealry IRS input shafts (about 5 years ago in the early days of the TC3) were a tad off. I haven't had any problems with them since (I ran them for 3 years in 2 TC3 and currently run them in my 2 TC4 and they are factory perfect!!).
Honestly, I don't think the car needs any hopups. I got an IRS shaft for my tub TC4 and it was off. I must have got a bad one and I wasn't going to buy another one. On the 3 racing shock towers, I didn't like that the shock holes were different than the stock ones. Koabich is right the cf is thinner and because of the design they flex more than the stock ones. Only thing I would get would be Boca green sealed bearings, Acer ceramic diff/trust balls and Losi JRXS shocks. The Acer balls helped make the diff last longer between rebuilds. Lunsford ti pins bend like butter, they are not worth it. I guess I also liked the Lundsford quick tune shock mounts. I hate to say this though, but I would just change cars. I have yet to regret it. Just my personal opinion though.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

I also had an IRS input shaft and I would pass again. Their alum. diff halves are very nice, but install their pin cushins on the dogbones to protect them.

Erik
Old 03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

where can i pick up a front one way assembly for the ft tc4? thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Titanium Racing make parts for the TC4, they are always of the highest quality.
http://www.titaniumracing.com/produc...asp?menuid=218
Old 04-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Yup, IRS input shafts suck big donkey nuts. One thing I did with my first TC4 was this...get the IRS pin cushions and Schumacher drive shaft blades. What you do is fit the cut the plastic from the pin cushions down so they just fit the drive shaft (no plastic is exposed outside the drive shaft). Then you install the schumacher drive shaft blades. Even less wear than with the normal pin cushions.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

I found the Square RC delrin diff outdrives stopped the breaking the plastic ones seem to be prone to at the front. Can be used for 19t, possibly mod too. The IRS composite dogbones will shed some weight from the transmission, but make sure you put a tiny drop of glue to hold the pin cushion in place or they will slide off-center (mine did).

If you haven't got it already, it's worth getting the AE VCS2 shock kit - makes rebuilding much, much easier.