Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC racing on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wait. I wasn't coming out in support of putting R/C on TV. I was just noting how you would have to go about doing it. Budweiser has a lot more money to work with than all of the manufacturers combined. The payoff would be very, very difficult for them, focused to a mainstream audience. I personally don't think R/C belongs on TV. Ever take a friend to a race to watch? They love it for about a half-hour, then are completely bored. And, although you and I may see Josh Cyrul as a hero and celebrity, he really doesn't get recognized all that much once he steps outside of CEFX Raceway.

TV is far too expensive to put R/C racing on. You'd have better luck convincing a manufacturer to spend the cash to video Cleveland, Las Vegas or Snowbirds and edit it into different length clips ranging from 20 seconds up to 5 minutes and maybe even a half hour. You don't need TV anymore. People watch video on far more screens than TV now - web, video on demand, cellcasts. The Mfg. could host the clips on a site. Do behind the scenes with their team drivers, etc.. Then get their team drivers to go out and post cool clips all over the web in full scale racing sites, Google Video and Youtube.com. Each clip carries the web address so those interested end up at that mfgs site to see more clips and buy RTR kits right there online. You'd reach more potential r/c fans that way than a :30 commercial in NASCAR, without the HUGE expense and all the extra waste of people not interested.

Wait a minute. Why am I handing this to the manufacturers for free? I should be getting a big paycheck for advice like this. I can be reached at 810-610-6050 to work out a marketing fee.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default tv rcnascar

If someone could motivate Tony Stewart to give rc some exposure...
He owns an rc company that produces pavement and dirt oval car kits. Nice ones, as in nice $$$ lol. He also races and does well.
Now is there a producer out there that is willing to do this??

Picture this, promo for stewart rc company, interview with tony, shop manager, showing the workings of the business and shots of rc racing. with close ups, slow mo crashes, and of course the big breasted pit tootsies.

I'll do it !!!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

Keep this thread at the top guys. This is an important discussion...
Old 03-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Putting RC on TV is not a new idea. And it's been done before. Nearly every time Tony Stewart is being interviewed in a long sit down format he gets in at least one RC plug. So do many other racers. In fact, during the snow delay at Saturday's Busch race, they did a segment on somebody who's into RC, and how it helps them with the real car.

When Wind Tunnel was a daily show, Dave Despain did several segments on RC, including showing some video from the 1/8 worlds. They even showed someone getting hacked, then transitioned to some Tony Stewart video.

I have also seen a small video from the 70's showing RC racing and slot cars, narrated by Chris Economacki.

Putting RC on TV takes one thing, money. None of the manufacturers have enough to do it, and there's isn't enough of a following for a sponsor.