Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Bringing vintage RC up to date >

Bringing vintage RC up to date

Bringing vintage RC up to date

Old 03-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Bringing vintage RC up to date

Hi all,

New to these forums and to rc cars. My pop has an old jeep renegade RC. Probably from the late 70's early 80's. Nothing fancy at all. Came from radio shack i believe.

I really like the look and feel of it, and even though I could buy something newer I'd kind of like to get this one going for nostalgic purposes. But it's slow and requires a ton of batteries. My question is:

What would be my best route to bringing up to date, or should I not even worry about it and get something newer.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

It's not worth it to try to fix it up because of the zero part support.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Mike- I understand wanting to fix up an older car for the nostalgia of it, but (you knew that was coming) since it was a Radio Shack type vehicle you'll have to modify/customize everything to work. You'll spend alot of time (and a few bucks) on this car when you could save alot of that by going with a modern vehicle. This is just my .02 and in he end it's your time and money so you should do what you belive will make you happy.

Roly
Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the advice. I guess my main concern was finding an alternate power source. As of now, it takes 6 D batteries and 1 9-volt. And that's just for the vehicle. Wanted to somehow use a rechargable Ni-mh pack or something like that.