LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700) >

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Old 08-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
Hello Guys,

I have finally got myself a Brushless system and did get to test it yesterday. I have the TC Spec with a Novak 4.5R coupled to it. I was running 9.75FDR with 62mil tires. The motor was barely hot and no thermal shutdowns or blow ups

Couple questions..

1. That fan on the ESC sounds more like a Jet engine than a fan... Any solutions? or is mine faulty?
2. After I turn the car on sometimes the car surges. it moves forward with a jerk.
3. I solder my battery and when I solder the second wire I hear a pop... is that normal?

Thanks in advance...

Yeah, the LRP fan is fast and loud! Thats normal

Dont know on 2

And yes, thats normal
Old 08-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The pop you hear is the capacitor charging, if you pay very close attention you can see this too. Completely normal.
With the battery unconnected put together + and - wires to fully discharge the capacitor, put one wire on the battery and look while you put on the second wire, you will see a spark as the capacitor is drawing a very high current from the battery to charge itself.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
I have used lrp for about ten years and had no problems till lately.The motor is some new parts. The end bell is new cause the threads still have all the annodizing.its just the can and the plug that look used.I will buy a tekin next time over lrp.

A scratched motor is a problem ?

If your Tekin comes with scratch on it, what will U say to them ?

waaaaaa !

I`ll bet that`s what you`ll say....
Old 08-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

I dont know if I should post this here... But

I will want to cut my sensor wire, How should I do this? I know for my servo, Transponder, And speedo I cut the wires to where I want them, and then I bought the lil plugs that go onto the rx's pins, and crimp them and its like I never messed with them..

But I think the sensor wire plugs are smaller, And I dont want to cut the wires and sloder them back togather at the right length..

Any opinions?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I dont know if I should post this here... But

I will want to cut my sensor wire, How should I do this? I know for my servo, Transponder, And speedo I cut the wires to where I want them, and then I bought the lil plugs that go onto the rx's pins, and crimp them and its like I never messed with them..

But I think the sensor wire plugs are smaller, And I dont want to cut the wires and sloder them back togather at the right length..

Any opinions?
My suggestion is to either:
1) purchase the sensor wire that is the correct length for your application (they are available from 100mm to 270mm from LRP, Orion, Novak, etc), or
2) just fold the sensor wires and put heatshrink over them (this is what I do to my Novak motors).

I have seen someone accidentally tear their sensor wires on the track...it did NOT look like they were having fun trying to solder those awkward wires back together !
Old 08-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
My suggestion is to either:
1) purchase the sensor wire that is the correct length for your application (they are available from 100mm to 270mm from LRP, Orion, Novak, etc), or
2) just fold the sensor wires and put heatshrink over them (this is what I do to my Novak motors).

I have seen someone accidentally tear their sensor wires on the track...it did NOT look like they were having fun trying to solder those awkward wires back together !

100mm is HUGE

Got any pics of the folded? Can you tell that there all folded up in the shrink?

I wouldnt mind soldering them, but once you put the sleve back on, you would notice all the lil things of shrink sticking up.... Thats why I would want to buy the pins in the plug and wire those up, I just dont know why makes them
Old 08-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sphere 2007 and X11 4.0T

Im recently buying lrp sphere esc 2007spec (due to LRP TC Spec out of order) and X11 4.0T motor. Wanna confirm that can i use the motor without any problem. Btw i also buy the brushless world option kit.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Since the thread is back up

I took the fan off my Sphere TC because when I got home and cleaned it, the wire's broke off at the solder tab in the fan, and I have NO clue how to take apart fans with out messing something up lol

In stock do you guys think It will run fine? Or will it thermal?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all,
i have the X11 4.5 motor. The thread of the 3 small
(1,5mm) front screws is damaged. I was carefull not to overtighten the
screws, but i did open the motor regulary to reoil the bearings.

Did any had the same problem? If so, any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spoket
Im recently buying lrp sphere esc 2007spec (due to LRP TC Spec out of order) and X11 4.0T motor. Wanna confirm that can i use the motor without any problem. Btw i also buy the brushless world option kit.
The LRP catalogue says over 3.5T for the competition 2007 spec so it should work. I think you donīt need the worlds option kit as a bigger cap is used with the 2007 spec already and the heatsink is supplied also. Actually you just need the fan from the kit but this will improve cooling for sure.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:32 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Since the thread is back up

I took the fan off my Sphere TC because when I got home and cleaned it, the wire's broke off at the solder tab in the fan, and I have NO clue how to take apart fans with out messing something up lol

In stock do you guys think It will run fine? Or will it thermal?
Usually you canīt take apart any of the fans but sometimes there is just a sticker over the soldertabs on the fan. You have to remove the fan from the ESC and look as the soldertabs are on the other side of the fans. If not you just could buy a new fan but make sure itīs a 5V type.

Hmm, stock? Do you mean youīre just running stock motors with the TC spec? If so this really will work without fan, but then make sure isolating the fanwires coming out of the ESC.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by V12
Usually you canīt take apart any of the fans but sometimes there is just a sticker over the soldertabs on the fan. You have to remove the fan from the ESC and look as the soldertabs are on the other side of the fans. If not you just could buy a new fan but make sure itīs a 5V type.

Hmm, stock? Do you mean youīre just running stock motors with the TC spec? If so this really will work without fan, but then make sure isolating the fanwires coming out of the ESC.

Its all off, I had it off to clean all the heatsink ribbs and the wires broke off right after where the wire gets soldered on to the tab in the fan, So because I was inside of the case anyways, I also took off the wires that hok onto the speedo and sharpie'd them red and black

Yeah, im running a novak 13.5, what do you mean isolating the fan wires? There is no fan wire anymore, or is there more to that? Its works fine lol
Old 08-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its all off, I had it off to clean all the heatsink ribbs and the wires broke off right after where the wire gets soldered on to the tab in the fan, So because I was inside of the case anyways, I also took off the wires that hok onto the speedo and sharpie'd them red and black

Yeah, im running a novak 13.5, what do you mean isolating the fan wires? There is no fan wire anymore, or is there more to that? Its works fine lol
He's just saying that if you have wires sticking out, they should be insulated so they don't short.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
He's just saying that if you have wires sticking out, they should be insulated so they don't short.
Ohh ok, thats what I thought

Thanks
Old 08-29-2007, 01:00 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Nexus thanks, thatīs what I meant.

I think even the cheapest Sphere ESC should run a 13.5 without fan so the TC spec will do that also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.