Wiki Posts
Search

GTX vs GTB

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default GTX vs GTB

Which one is a better speed control?

I know this is a very subjective question. I believe most would say GTB is a good ESC except for the weight and size.

Here is deal, I mainly run stock and 19T brushed motor. I currently run the GTX and are happy with it. I am planning to run brushless later and so I am looking at the GTB system. However in my local track, there are no brushless motor race so I will still have to run brushed 27T and 19T motor when I race.

I am thinking of changing my GTX to the GTB. Do you guys think I would be at an disadvantage with the GTB while racing with brushed 27T and 19T motor as compared with running the GTX?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Charlie (from Novak) has stated several times than the GTB is a better brushed speed control than the GTX, along with having the ability to do brushless. It's got a lower "on resistance," and whatever special things make brushed ESC's do their thing.

If you search the Novak Brushless thread for Charlie's posts, you'll find where he's said this himself. So, if you don't mind the size, it seems like the way to go, especially if brushless is in your future.

Edit: Here is a link to the post where Charlie states that in brushed mode, the GTB is the most powerful brushed ESC ever.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default GTX vs GTB

lookinco

The GTX vs. GTB debate is exactly what you said; subjective. If you plan on running brushless then you really dont have too many options. A couple of racers at my local track purchased the GTB's and had nothing but problems setting them up. In fact, they went back to their GT7's and respective ESC's as a result of the frustration caused by the GTB.

On the same note, I have seen a few guys who loved their GTB's (with the exception of the size and weight).

llamont