R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XrayFK
I'm not biased either way towards Axxis products, but I'll say in general that:
It's all in your head...plus even if the solder is actually slightly "better" all it takes is a tiny bit more than needed on theh cell to negate any benefits from it. Just build your packs well and practice more.
Same thing could be said for these debates:
matcherA vs. matcherB
RDX vs. T2
Novak vs. LRP
Airtronics vs. Futaba
JR vs. KO
tunerA vs. tunerB

ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:48 AM   #47
Tech Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to the pig

looks like everyone has alot tosay just about solder. who knew? thanx everyone for the input on all subjects. opinions are important but even more we all go with what mentally pleases us and that's what makes us all the universe of R/C. have fun and go faster.
the pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #48
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default solder

Solder in general:

Lead-free solder is always better than leaded solder because lead is a terrible conductor and has high resistance. Unfortunately, leaded solder flows much better, melts at a lower temperature, and gives that shiny color.

If you properly solder using lead vs. lead free solder, the lead-free will give you a much stronger joint and less resistance (lead is a soft, weak metal.) The key point is to use proper soldering on lead-free solder (higher temperature, and you must use flux.) The reason a solder joint breaks, ever, is because it was not soldered correctly in the first place (unless your car ejects your batteries 30 feet in a crash.)

Instead of spending $60 on solder, you can get a 1 lb spool of testers lead-free 96.5%tin, 3% silver, .5% copper solder for $25. The 1 lb spool should last you for at least 5 or more years. (you can get either rosin or no-clean flux in the solder.)

Ultimately, racers will do whatever they can to be faster, and unfortunately, companies exploit that. I am sure that axxis solder is great, but you can get similar results for less than 1/2 the money.

Flame suit on.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 PM   #49
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

this is off topic i know but i dont get why people dont like AXXIS,i delt with him and his products were as good as issac said they arrived on time and if i had a problem issac was only to happy to help! even when he was on a family vacation he still replied to my emails. if thats not great customer service i dont know what is.
i bought 4 gp3700 packs now im looking at dischargers and maybe ib packs. if my first experience was anything to go off. ill keep dealing with Axxis and Issac.
love it or hate it this is my 2 cents

just a word to every one, it's fine to promote products, but when u have to 'sledge' other companies to do so your doing yourself. more harm than good.
Josh P
to make Keith happy
Corally phi
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote