Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Foam tires with traction compound. >

Foam tires with traction compound.

Foam tires with traction compound.

Old 12-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

We've used Paragon, Zip Grip 3 and Coppertone sunblock, in very clean (SoCal Raceway. . .) and in dusty conditions (Camarillo is very dusty) - I can't remember an issue with the sauce getting all goopy

Do you let the sauce soak in? We sauce 20 minutes before running, to let the sauce soak in and not set on the surface. It's amazing how slick the tires will be at the first application - but let it soak in and it works great.

What is the sauce you're using? Who makes it?

What type of tires were you running? TRC - color? Are they the new GRP (Ellegi) imports that TRC is selling?
Old 12-24-2002, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, I just tried out my new Paragon Ground effects that I ordered from Towers and it' still the same. I shook up the can before use and I have no idea what is wrong.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hummm. when it's applied, the tires should feel slimy. just slippery as he**. let it soak for maybe 5-15 minutes, and wipe it off with an absorbant towel very well. sguigee (sp?) it out if you can. they may still feel slimy. don't worry. a few laps and you'll be dialed. or you can accellerate the process by doing burnouts in the pits or the track if permitted. hold the car by the wing, and go full throttle. this draws alot of current, so use moderation with this technique. i usually take a lap when i check in and i'm ready to go.

feel your tires after the race. that will tell you alot about what's going on. they should feel dry, but tacky. gooey is too much. you can tell by where your traction comes in your run. it should start 1-2 laps in if you've not burned out, and last through the race.

Last edited by seaball; 12-24-2002 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-24-2002, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking hey I had similar problem with the TQ+

Hey I had a similar problem, but mine kinda just got better..I didn't wash my tires out or nothing I just ran my car without putting any on then when my tires didn't feel greasey I put much less then I had B4 and they work great now.....I also changed my routine when I am done my race I take a brush or rag and clean tires off usually after the race that followed mine(because I usually marshal) I put some traction on, just one swipe, then the race b4 mine I wipe it off pretty good even kinda pressing a little on the tire......Basically I found that I was just putting too much on..But the biggest thing I have noticed is that if I don't wipe off about 5 minutes b4 my race the foams are slippery....

Blain
Old 12-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: RE: cyclonus

Originally posted by -CriMinaL- |RC
You arent supposed to wipe the compund off u let it soak into the tyre
Well since the can of Paragon says to "Several minutes before the race use a dry rag to thoroughly rub down each tire." I assumed I was suposed to wipe off my tires with a dry rag several minutes before the race. I also thought that maybe I should do that since if I didnt wipe it off then my car slid all over the place on the track. I was furthermore convinced I should wipe off my tires when I saw other sponsored drivers, that drive considerably faster than me, at my track wiping off the tires.