Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
I was just re-reading your post to note things down. Just to make things clear, my mounts are set at 3a, not 3b. You still suggest 2a?
Just depends. How is your car reacting? What type of asphalt track do you run on...parking lot or permanent, indoor or outdoor? If your car isn't reacting fast enough, then go with the 2A, which will give you more bite. The determining factor as to whether you go with 2A or 3A is the amount of roll you need from your chassis. But, I suspect that 3A will not be enough roll and I'd recommend going with the 2A.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ASSOCIATED TC5 UPRATED BULKHEADS

ANYONE WHO WANTS ANY UPRATED INLINE BULKHEADS IV GOT AROUND 6 SETS LEFT IF ANYONES INTERESTED.

EMAIL: [email protected]
[email protected]

regards greig
Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

How much?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi guys, i saw a few posts back Ackermann was mentioned. Could anyone please give me some info on how to adjust this, and what the adjustments do?
We are running foams (35shore) on mid grip asphalt here in NZ for mod if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Ackerman is adjust by using the different holes on the steering block and bell crank.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

I'm not too sure how ackerman works technically but I find with my setup a setting of 1A for rubber tire on loose tarmac works better than the recommended 1B. With 1B I was getting a lot of understeer and a wide turning circle but with 1A I have a much smaller turning circle at high speed and the rear end stays planted as well.
Just play around with it and experiment and see what works for your driving style. I was pleasantly suprised when I played around with these settings.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeremy mac
Hi guys, i saw a few posts back Ackermann was mentioned. Could anyone please give me some info on how to adjust this, and what the adjustments do?
We are running foams (35shore) on mid grip asphalt here in NZ for mod if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Go here. It is the Xray touring car tuning guide. It is very informative and will answer any questions you have about setting up your car.

Ackermann is on page 17.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2525
Old 04-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default bumpsteer

bumpsteer - tc5r rubber tire setup sheet says to use "Silver + 0"
After doing some research I found that that meant use the silver ball studs (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUZ2&P=7) which have a longer neck than the black ball studs. The car doesn't come with the silver though. Is there a noticeable difference? Are you supposed to use the blue aluminum shims under the ball stud?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikedoo3
bumpsteer - tc5r rubber tire setup sheet says to use "Silver + 0"
After doing some research I found that that meant use the silver ball studs (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUZ2&P=7) which have a longer neck than the black ball studs. The car doesn't come with the silver though. Is there a noticeable difference? Are you supposed to use the blue aluminum shims under the ball stud?
You can use the black ball studs if you want. Most people use the silver ball studs for the reason you mentioned above. The key to bumpsteer is that the front wheels don't move outward as the suspension is compressed. To check your bumpsteer, look at the front wheel from above and slowly compress the suspension arm...the wheel should stay at it's neutral position thru the arm's travel. If the wheel moves outward, add those blue aluminum shims, probably 2mm or 3mm.

Oh yeah, you'll probably want the 8mm silver ball studs instead of the ones you linked above.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Associated-TC5
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How do you fellas get rid slop in the steering? Has anyone tried using other manufactures linkage and steering systems? ie-ball studs, pivot balls, etc...
Old 04-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blanks596
How do you fellas get rid slop in the steering? Has anyone tried using other manufactures linkage and steering systems? ie-ball studs, pivot balls, etc...
Some people do use other types of ball joints and cups such as the Losi capture ends. However, some people use small rubber bands such as the ones used for dental orthodontics (braces). I use rubber bands and they work just fine. They're a few $ from the local CVS or Walgreens and much cheaper than replacing all of your linkage. Try it first before spending money on new linkage. The rubber bands go on the linkage between the servo and steering bellcrank and between the bellcrank and each sterring block. All of the sterring slop will be eliminated. When the rubber bands get old, just replace them with new ones.

Last edited by bfong13; 04-15-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That rubber band seems interesting.

What front diff/spool are you running? I wouldn't mind running a spool with out the bone blades as I seem to destroy them in the front quite often.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs

What front diff/spool are you running? I wouldn't mind running a spool with out the bone blades as I seem to destroy them in the front quite often.
It's the Assoc 1-way.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs

Looks like a front one-way to me

I have tried the JAAD Spool (416 look alike) Workes nice, but spares are nowhere to find.

Used the Assocaited Solid Axle, workes great, but with the Losi LCD axles it's just to small.

With the LCD Axles I use the Slipper Spool.. Works, but slips, not sure if it slipes to much. Don't feel any lack of brakin' so far.

Best Regards

Robert
Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13
It's the Assoc 1-way.
Ahhhh, ok then. I've never been a big of one-ways, just don't suit my driving style.

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Looks like a front one-way to me

I have tried the JAAD Spool (416 look alike) Workes nice, but spares are nowhere to find.

Used the Assocaited Solid Axle, workes great, but with the Losi LCD axles it's just to small.

With the LCD Axles I use the Slipper Spool.. Works, but slips, not sure if it slipes to much. Don't feel any lack of brakin' so far.

Best Regards

Robert
I'm currently running the AE Solid, to me it feels the best. I've ran with the slipper before but I just didn't like how it handled, I might try it again at the new track. I want to do some setup changes so I'll put that in and give it a go on Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.