Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Muppet
WTF????

These are Muppets.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-muppetshowfullcast.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys, as I said earlier, the motor mounts do bend easily. You may not even notice the hit that makes them bend. they are only fixed by three points and they have alot of weight(the motor) hanging out from them. A hit on the end of the motor would create alot of leverage.
Please everyone take of your motor mount and check them on a flat surface. I guarantee at least a few of you will find they are bent.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MonkeyFist
WTF????

These are Muppets.

Eugh... i'm not even going to attempt to explain or waste my time insulting you thoroughly.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One thing I've been thinking of with the standard mount when/if it take a hit hard enough to bend it means the mount takes alot of the shock of the impact, where as the bulkhead with the motor mount were to get hit by the same impact and not bend, where would the car absorb the impact?

I did find that running the standard mount useful the other day as I was having a electronic problem in one car all I did was take the motor mount out and swapped with the one in my other TC5 while leaving the motor still attached to the mount, 2 screws and 3 solder joints and I had moved a motor to another car with needing to re-mesh the pinion and spur.

EDIT: Woah this thread is moving fast.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Verndog... my car HAS taken a huge hit in the side which tore open part of the chassis and split under where the motor sticks out, the bulkhead came off perfectly straight with no tweak..... just split carbon fibre weaving sticking out all over the place!!

Do I have to provide pictures for that as well LOL
No pictures required. So you have just proven my point by your own admission.

Would you rather replace this $12.00 motor mount with the old TC5 design...or the $60.00 chassis with your new design...provided the posted pic was really straightened and driven as you said yourself.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUR3&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUP3&P=7

I suggest your buddy find a new "spokesperson"....this one is all buggered down...whatever that means...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

These cars will bend bulkheads, just like the Corally cars, Xray cars, etc.etc.

If you take your car apart, you will probably have a bent bulkhead. It won't be visible to the eye, but if you rock it on a table, you'll see it's not 100% flat. RDX cars were notorious for this, so it has nothing to do with design, more to do with high speed wrecks.

Also, I guarantee the one piece bulkhead would bend as well on a hit that made a potato chip out of that motor mount. If that really came off of a car like that you'll be needing a chassis and top plate as well

BTW why can't you guys make the bulkhead so it takes the plastic carriers for the layshaft bearings? That's about as bad as getting the diff out of a HPI pro2
Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk

BTW why can't you guys make the bulkhead so it takes the plastic carriers for the layshaft bearings? That's about as bad as getting the diff out of a HPI pro2
Agree, but I think the reason was to keep the spur lower. I don't know about you guys, but if I could, I'd rather have my TC5 spur lower.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog

Would you rather replace this $12.00 motor mount with the old TC5 design...or the $60.00 chassis with your new design...provided the posted pic was really straightened and driven as you said yourself.

I suggest your buddy find a new "spokesperson"....this one is all buggered down...whatever that means...
How about the added benefit over moving the motor over to better balance the car. have you thought of that?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My guess is because they are a better design for balance and weight distribution, hence potentially faster...not because the TC5 bulkheads are inheritantly weak in design and people are bending them often....as your posts suggest.

I still say a hit that would bend that motor mount to that extent would ruin the chassis or worse if the new mount didn't give way...that can easilly be seen IMO.
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
How about the added benefit over moving the motor over to better balance the car. have you thought of that?
Keep reading. It would appear so.

I was only questioning the "sales pitch" on what is really gained in strength, and the potential impact of a more rigid design.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Keep reading. It would appear so.

I was only questioning the "sales pitch" on what is really gained in strength, and the potential impact of a more rigid design.
oh, my bad. sorry bra.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Suspended

The bulkheads had NOTHING to do with the chassis splitting, END OF!, If anything it's to do with the inferior quality carbon fibre that associated use. The gentleman who had the bent standard motor mount split the chassis under the motor mount on his outdoor car using the standard motor mount and bulkhead, says a lot for the quality of associated.....
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Also may I add that was without impact, it quite literally came apart for no reason.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well then why make parts, or promote parts for a car that's a piece of crap?

Stay out of this thread. You have not helped anyone and just started a bunch of trouble.

Let's try and get back to post's that might actually help and PROMOTE a great car like the TC5, what this thread is about anyway.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Also may I add that was without impact, it quite literally came apart for no reason.
Sounds like user error
Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Suspended

Because the car has great potential once the factory issues have been addressed. Also I believe you will find I do not cause the trouble only defending the product against a bunch of people who don't even have experience of it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.