Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuckharrisjr
Im stumped, my car turns more aggresively to one side. If I turn all the way to one side it will kinda push, not loop out, if I turn all the way to the other side my car will just loop out. I used setup station to get my epa exactly the same, full throw basically. I checked all the bearings, shocks, hinge pins, swaybars, rear toe is identical. my car is balanced side to side. Everything is free. I dont get it. Is it just the diffs? Is this normal? I run a bl 17.5, anyone any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
You using much steering trim? That could be one reason for that. It sounds like that the wheels may not be straight with 0 trim or the servo horn is positioned in such a way that it allows for more movement in one direction and less in the other direction.
I know in my Spketrum DX2 manual it says to adjust steering on the car if trim gets to 30 or more.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuckharrisjr
Im stumped, my car turns more aggresively to one side. If I turn all the way to one side it will kinda push, not loop out, if I turn all the way to the other side my car will just loop out. I used setup station to get my epa exactly the same, full throw basically. I checked all the bearings, shocks, hinge pins, swaybars, rear toe is identical. my car is balanced side to side. Everything is free. I dont get it. Is it just the diffs? Is this normal? I run a bl 17.5, anyone any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Have you checked your CVD's? When they get worn out it kinda locks up when your turning.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had the same problem on mine. I checked everything I could think of at the track...well except for the tires. Turns out one tire came unglued on a small outside section of one side of the rear of the car. I couldn't believe I missed it and checked everything before checking something as simple as the tire bead.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Well this is what I did today.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wyd
DaveW I was thinking about the slop as I posted back to you. Well I went back out to my cave and changed out the ball stud and ball end and put in a new captured ball link and now almost all slop is now gone. I have just enough slop so I think this weekend of racing will be alot better. If I lived closer to the track I would test everything out before Saturday but now I will have to wait til then. I should of just done this when I first got the car and more than likely I wouldn't of had this problem.
Hi

Can you tell me where you got the captured ball link, and what it looks like?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Very close to Howart's bangkok setup on asphault sprayed with soda 140* temp...Ive tried fast setups at my track and it just pushes no matter what I do...tight track with front diff is the difference from howarts
If you are running a spool setup with a diff, it is probably going to handle poorly. My advice would be to go down a spring or 2 in the rear (blue to silver or green) and remove some rear toe if you are running a lot (3 is fine).

Also check your tyres, if you run a set of tyres on a spool for any length of time, it wil wear the fronts faster than the rears, which will lead to understeer, and no amount of setup can cure bad tyres.

Alternatively, if you switch your tyres front to rear, and it goes from understeer to oversteer, you have found your problem.

Regards

Neal
Old 07-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pakk

Well this is what I did today.
Looks quite sturdy, is that a one-way?

Regards

Neal
Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Yea it is a one way. I like this idea of the belt swap. More space for swapping pinions and I can move my electronics closer to the center. I did throw my spool in to see if simply flipping it would clear and it does, but I gotta run a one-way. I had to buy new screws and washers for the one-way.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

where did you buy them and what size are they?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

I searched OSH for this hardware with no luck. And of course, my LHS had everything I needed. The are 2mm flat washers and 2mmx12mm socket cap screws. The dubro part numbers are 2107 and 2114. You are going to need 3 packs of 2107. I ended up using 5 washers on each screw.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Exclamation

hey pakk just to let you know your ball stud on your servo horn is backwards.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Actually, I just swapped it when I swapped the belts. When I have it on the other side, it has a lot more of an angle to it. That's the next thing I need to work on. I either need to move the servo out more(something I don't want to do), or find a horn that is some what off set further out. Then I can put the ball stud on the inside and not have a drastic angle.

--pakk
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwood
If you are running a spool setup with a diff, it is probably going to handle poorly. My advice would be to go down a spring or 2 in the rear (blue to silver or green) and remove some rear toe if you are running a lot (3 is fine).

Also check your tyres, if you run a set of tyres on a spool for any length of time, it wil wear the fronts faster than the rears, which will lead to understeer, and no amount of setup can cure bad tyres.

Alternatively, if you switch your tyres front to rear, and it goes from understeer to oversteer, you have found your problem.

Regards

Neal
Cool, I assembled the spool for the next race, I always mix my tires up so chances are they've been on each wheel, also I was looking at the manual and when I was installing the axle shims I didnt see the part that said 2 for each axle and only installed 1 on each side so I was getting strange camber readings...
Old 07-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Questions??

is that because you are running the exotec chassis.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Well the exotek chassis did not help because it moved the servo more forward forcing me to move the servo out a little. But I think it is the servo. I don't know to be honest. It never really seemed to affect anything, so I left it alone.

--pakk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.