Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Joe, your car is DIALED.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
What do you guys recommend I do to get my car to be more responsive? I am running rubber on asphault with rick howarts thailand setup. The car feels like it still has some initial push when steering, not loose at all. I considered taking some rear toe out but at the moment I am running 2 small shims. Would decreasing the wheelbase in the front help? There is 1 small shim on each bulkhead in the front. Thanks guys...
I found on previous brand touring cars I have ran that when I move the front a arms back and shorten the wheelbase that I have more overall steering. 4 degree caster blocks would help (not sure what Rick had on as you might already have them on). Taking rear toe in out will loosen up the car a little and would give you more steering but not sure if you will acutally see more initial steering by taking rear toe in out. You would have to try it to see if you like it.

Last edited by wyd; 07-13-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DaveW
You guys ARE using a tweak station, right? Makes a huge difference. Check it every run.
I use one at home and have one I take with me to the races. I check it every run or two and especially if I take a pretty good hit.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Joe, your car is DIALED.
It was OK, still too easy to drive with that push, you would have been right there with me if you didnt break...
Originally Posted by wyd
I found on revious brand touring cars I have ran that when I move the front a arms back and shorten the wheelbase that I have more overall steering. 4 degree caster blocks would help (not sure what Rick had on as you might already have them on). Taking rear toe in out will loosen up the car a little and would give you more steering but not sure if you will acutally see more initial steering by taking rear toe in out. You would have to try it to see if you like it.
I had the wheelbase and width mixed up but that makes perfect sense because NASCAR and Formula car turn well because they arent as long as top fuel dragsters. Its kinda like pushing one shopping cart VS pushing 40 of them...Ill look at what I have and compare it to the other driver sheets. Thanks a ton...
Old 07-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Picked up a new TC5 this weekend and would like a setup for 13.5 rubber any one, thank you.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Picked up a new TC5 this weekend and would like a setup for 13.5 rubber any one, thank you.
I would start with the kit setup first since it is a new car. Get a feel for the stock setting and then start making changes to fit you. Gives you a base feel of the car before you start changing things all around.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Rolling resistance in drive train

Hi!

I have a simple question for advanced TC5 users

How is drag in drive train?

When I take my tc5 with new clean bearings, belts has got soft tension,
spur and pinion is 64p or 48p with very nice mesh, engine is 9.5T or 10.5T with
low drag (small rotors), and I take front tire (solid axle) and try turn, it give
some drag, I must put more load then I do this with TRF416 or Xray ... (even Serpent S400).

What I fu... up and what's going on?
Last day I have clean car, put a kungfukawaski to GM ESC and engine,
take top end with 80C and others are faster ... Car was fast but ...

Now I got trf416 belt for front, looking for team bomber for rear or 63T from cyclone TC (maybe fit, I know that tc5 at rear has 64T).

Maybe when I change belts it will help or not? Or if help how much?

How much I can got when use better spur and pinion? this time play
with HotBodies/HPI and Edit ... maybe must use better one?

For 1st time I have stock trf416 belt and wait for low friction one ....

Regards!
m.

ps: I'm a little disappointed, got this chassis for 1.5y, put a lot of work and
when meet tamiyaz or xrayz got fuu ... and I don't like it in spec 9.5T/5cell class
Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

I have a simple question for advanced TC5 users

How is drag in drive train?

I have a TC5R and an Xray 009. I can't get the TC5 drive line to run nearly as free as the Xray, I've tried everything, so don't feel bad. Having said that, the TC5 is not any slower on the track than the Xray.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
I have a TC5R and an Xray 009. I can't get the TC5 drive line to run nearly as free as the Xray, I've tried everything, so don't feel bad. Having said that, the TC5 is not any slower on the track than the Xray.
I feel bad because my tc5 is

What do you try with your chassis?

Regards!

m.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default setup

Hi all, yesterday at the Stafford outdoor track, I got my rear end handed to me. I just wasn't fast enough to be honest. I've been looking at setup sheets for what gearing to run, and they're running something like a 100 tooth spur, and 44 pinion! I was running an 87 spur, and went from a 28 pinion to a 30 which increased the speed a little, but resulting in me rolling in some corners. I'd taken practically all the weight off the car as there wasn't any weight limit yesterday, but was running 45g of weight on the battery bar to balance the car out, but my ride height was 11mm just to stop it from spinning out.

I've got two weeks to the BTCC at Stafford, and to make the min weight, I normally need to add about 200g of weight, but I also need to find at leat 2 seconds worth per lap to the next fastest person. Anyone got any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Why dont you lower your ride height? If its spining out check and see if there is tweak and if not find more traction
Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sldmodels
..... but my ride height was 11mm just to stop it from spinning out.

....but I also need to find at leat 2 seconds worth per lap to the next fastest person. Anyone got any suggestions?
Those are some HUGE numbers. 2 seconds is a ton of time to shave from S/U changes.... .5 secs. is a lot.

11mm ride height, my gage only goes to 10...are you running the General Lee body??

I highly recommend you talk to some local racers to help you sort out these issues, there must be another TC5 there. Find a fast TC5 and make a friend.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

I did, it was spin central. Was trying part of drescher's setup, but didn't set it up all how he had.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default testing

well I'll look at what I can alter on the car tomorrow, and do some testing later in the week, but I think I need to increase the pinion size to about 32 or 34 too.

Indoors, the car is good, and I normally have a good even battle with one of the people who beat me yesterday outside.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

What motor and carpet or asphalt? Rubber or foam? I run 10.5 geared 32/87 48 pitch on foam/asphalt.

Originally Posted by sldmodels
well I'll look at what I can alter on the car tomorrow, and do some testing later in the week, but I think I need to increase the pinion size to about 32 or 34 too.

Indoors, the car is good, and I normally have a good even battle with one of the people who beat me yesterday outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.