Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for help guys, I got my parts on the way and I also picked up a Manutech lipo weight. So I hope I can get it all balanced out and set-up for this weekend
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Any suggestions on balancing the chassis???
Old 03-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I am looking for a tc5R if anyone has one for sale. I prefer one that has been ran indoor only as well. I also posted in the wanted section as well in case you ask. Email me with what you got at [email protected]
Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team STPN
if u have a harbour freight where u live by some pocket scales when i bought them they were 13 dollars a piece they work great and they dial the car in something fierce
Old 03-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
what do ya mean?
just wondering if there is a new version in the pipeline , I currently run 2 of them with some good success but things do tend to wear out so would like to know what team associated have planned next , they dont seem to concerned with Touring cars at the moment
Old 03-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gearing

I need some help on were to start with pinion and spur gear. TC5, Tekin RS speed control, 17.5, Foam tires, 64 pitch gears and small to medium track.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lethallee69
just wondering if there is a new version in the pipeline , I currently run 2 of them with some good success but things do tend to wear out so would like to know what team associated have planned next , they dont seem to concerned with Touring cars at the moment
I am guessing here because manufacturer's tend to keep to themselves about their product life cycles. However, I don't see them changing the 5 anytime soon. Keep an eye on RC50.com for pictures from the Nationals this weekend. The A-Team will be there so there will most likely be pictures posted if Nash can get them.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team STPN

I have some chassis balancing tools if you need them. They work for left to right balancing but not front to back. Balancing is only one of your problems Better get Mo on the phone and get dialed in
Old 03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I have some chassis balancing tools if you need them. They work for left to right balancing but not front to back. Balancing is only one of your problems Better get Mo on the phone and get dialed in
Can't you use the holes in the center of the shock towers to string it up and get her balanced? I'm still determine what packs to urn & where to lead it up and haven't tried that myself..but thought that is the purpose of those holes...

also I hear you can use a board w/ nails if the bottom of the chassis has centered holes.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Can't you use the holes in the center of the shock towers to string it up and get her balanced? I'm still determine what packs to urn & where to lead it up and haven't tried that myself..but thought that is the purpose of those holes...

also I hear you can use a board w/ nails if the bottom of the chassis has centered holes.
Using 4 scales gets it from side-to-side as well as front to back...I attempted to use the two holes on the bottom but it is a pain in the ass...
Old 03-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade

You can use the shock tower method as wellas the balancing balls. The scales would be the way to go to get front and back as well as side to side.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Quiz for the setup Guru's.... What would you change on Keven's setup if you had 1/2 the grip of the snowbirds track? The local's that went to the birds said our track is about 1/2 the grip of the birds... What would you change and why? OR do you really have to see what the car is doing to make a call on what to change?

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about setups. I've been running this setup except I haven't gotten to the Arm mounts changes & running AE springs & pistions, I'm still running the Foam kit setting for the arm mounts (2's both front arms, 3's both rear arms. I like the setup much better than the Foam kit setup so far but haven't got to run it much.

Originally Posted by Keven H
Here is the latest setup I have been running for 13.5 or 10.5 ! It is the one I used at Snowbirds !

Front :
ride height : 4.2
camber :1.5
caster :6
Toe : 1 out
hex spacing .5mm
wheelbase : 1mm
steering link : 2B
Bumpsteer : 3mm (silver ballstud )

Shock position : 2A
Camber link : 3
Arm mounts Both 3A
2.5mm for arm mount shim
1.5mm uptravel
black rollbar
60 weight oil
#3 piston
xray 28lbs spring

Thick Grease in front diff
A3 belt tension (midlow)

REAR :
ride height : 4.2
camber :2.5
1 deg Hub
Toe : ~2.75 deg
hex spacing .75mm
wheelbase : 2mm

Shock position : 2B
Camber link : 3A
Arm mounts Both 2A
1mm for arm mount shim front
2.5mm for arm mount shim rear
1.5mm uptravel
black rollbar
30 weight oil
#57 piston
xray 17lbs spring (white)
B15 for belt tention (lowest)

Parma Magenta Tires (new compound)
56.4mm
protoform r9 body

hope you guys like it !!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey speedster.....that setup will be good on just about any bite carpet..you can try taking off the rear sway bar..kevin is a set up guru..he helped me a lot at the snowbirds...and i have ran that setup just about everywhere since..you wont be dissapointed with it...
Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
hey speedster.....that setup will be good on just about any bite carpet..you can try taking off the rear sway bar..kevin is a set up guru..he helped me a lot at the snowbirds...and i have ran that setup just about everywhere since..you wont be dissapointed with it...
Thanks for the input!

I like the feel of it...but the rear gets loose on me on the 2nd half of a run. With my limited rug & setup experience (in 3rd season racing) I don't have much to compare it to except what my old tc4ft felt like...I eventually got it dialed for my track but that is my only reference for foam TC.

I did run withOUT any rear sway bar but was running sliver bar up front at the time...on the slow tighter turns the rear tires would lift -late entry to mid corner...adding the rear swaybar back help keep the chassis more level and rears planted. still have the loose 2nd half of a run problem...

Another thing I tried was using .5 degree hubs...I had to cause I broke a 1 degree and didn't have any 1 spares at the time. I'm back on 1 degree now. I prefer less rear toe for higher corner speeds but definitely didn't help my car getting loose later in a run!

the common tire for my track (ThunderRC/nashville) jaco double pinks. I run them on all corners and dope w/ paragon the fronts 1/4 or less and rears full.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.