Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Juho Levanen, Keven Hebert, Walter Henderson, Bob Stellflue, Sean Cochrean are all there for AE.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Thumbs up Race report

FYI:
For all those out there who dont know what TC to buy this year I have the answer! TC5!!!

I got my kit a month or two ago and put it right together and then it sat...
Nowhere close here to race it...

Until a "big race" was announced an hour and a half away!

I was there! An on-road virgin and all! I had received a little help in advance, I was told the Kyle Skidmore setup worked amazingly well on their indoor asphalt surface! I was not lied to... This car was glued to the track! With some fine tuning it felt even better! I spoke with an Associated sponsored driver and said this thing could turn me into an Associated guy rather quickly!

As far as durability; I of course carshed it rather brutally several times and nothing broke! I did puke out a battery pack one time I nailed a turn stoutly but nothing broke!

Great car and an even better deal!!!
Kudos Associated!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a Q about these tc5 shocks.Can i remove the large foam in the bladder and still have good handling on high traction carpet ?.I have seen where some people remove them,but i don't know what surface they are running either.So since i am having so much trouble getting an equal rebound on all my shocks,i thought just maybe i could remove that large foam and it might be easier to assemble them.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gurumods
I have a Q about these tc5 shocks.Can i remove the large foam in the bladder and still have good handling on high traction carpet ?.I have seen where some people remove them,but i don't know what surface they are running either.So since i am having so much trouble getting an equal rebound on all my shocks,i thought just maybe i could remove that large foam and it might be easier to assemble them.

Just use the bladder with no foam @ all, You should find it easier 2 get the right rebound, Just make shure the shocks rebound the same

Ste.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Looks like a couple of tc5 in the mod a

Last edited by steve eaves; 12-29-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: oops
Old 11-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
FYI:
For all those out there who dont know what TC to buy this year I have the answer! TC5!!!

I got my kit a month or two ago and put it right together and then it sat...
Nowhere close here to race it...

Until a "big race" was announced an hour and a half away!

I was there! An on-road virgin and all! I had received a little help in advance, I was told the Kyle Skidmore setup worked amazingly well on their indoor asphalt surface! I was not lied to... This car was glued to the track! With some fine tuning it felt even better! I spoke with an Associated sponsored driver and said this thing could turn me into an Associated guy rather quickly!

As far as durability; I of course carshed it rather brutally several times and nothing broke! I did puke out a battery pack one time I nailed a turn stoutly but nothing broke!

Great car and an even better deal!!!
Kudos Associated!
same here. my car was dialed this weekend . glad you like your car
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I LOVE MY CAR! This thing is easy to work on, easy to set up, and easy to drive fast! Now if I could get some consistency and I will be ok...

It is so fast in 19t brushless I cant imagine running mod brushless!

I love it so much that I just sold my BK2 and XXX-4 on ebay!

This thing rocks and it wasnt terribly expesnsive either!

Thanks Associated!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcfree
Just use the bladder with no foam @ all, You should find it easier 2 get the right rebound, Just make shure the shocks rebound the same

Ste.
should i use no foam at all for asphalt?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
should i use no foam at all for asphalt?
In my experience, the car seems to drive smoother without them. It is also easier to get accurate rebound IMO.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys, I almost have everything I need to drive my TC5, but for those running a brushless system and lipo, about how much extra weight should I buy to be legal? I have the LRP Sphere TC, Futaba BL351 servo, and will be buying the Orion Lipo Platinum 4800Mah, dont know about the motor yet (Novak 13.5 or LRP 13.5) Also, what is a decent scale that one should buy? I have a Hudy all-in-one setup station to dial things in also...Anything else recommended?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thecman26
I LOVE MY CAR! This thing is easy to work on, easy to set up, and easy to drive fast! Now if I could get some consistency and I will be ok...

It is so fast in 19t brushless I cant imagine running mod brushless!

I love it so much that I just sold my BK2 and XXX-4 on ebay!

This thing rocks and it wasnt terribly expesnsive either!

Thanks Associated!
I know what you mean.I drove my TC5 for the first time this past Sunday and I was impressed!I used Juho's setup and the car felt very comfortable.I made a few small changes and the lap times dropped.By the end of the day I was turning faster laps with this car than the car I've been using for the past year
Old 11-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Q-Bert ~ Congrats on your performance at this years Cleveland Indoor Carpet Champs
Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)

keeping them

Last edited by twistedone; 11-27-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
In my experience, the car seems to drive smoother without them. It is also easier to get accurate rebound IMO.

Spot on

Ste e.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default servo

what is everyone running for a servo in there car. I'm in the market for a high end servoand i'm not sure what to get. since i have been out of the loop for ahwile looks like a few things have changed. looking at jr, airtronics and futaba. any help will be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.