Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

here is my new tc5. This was one of the best quality cars i have built in the last 20 years of being in this hobby. I cant wait to get her on a race track!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-img_1874.jpg   Team Associated TC5-img_1876.jpg  

Last edited by prossi; 11-15-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

try adding rear anti squat. FR 3 RR1 will give 2% anti squat.

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Has anyone tried some front arm sweep on their TC5? I've been told it will give you more turn in. Right now I have 2 degree caster block on my TC5 and I like the way it drove on most of the track. However, I am looking for a bit more turn in. When I had the 4 degree caster blocks on I had all of the turn in I needed, but when existing a turn my car wanted to keep turning. I was thinking if I add some arm sweep this would help. I won't be at the track for another week and a half so I won't be able to experiment soon.

I have attached my setup if anyone needed more info to answer my question. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
I have the same problem, but it seems occurred on turn right only. Maybe the motor side too heavy than the battery side a lot and make the car rolling suddenly cause the rear not stable. Just my 2 sense
Man you sure your car isnt tweaked.....Just by adding about a 1/4ounce weight to the R/F of the chassis balanced my car and even without the weight it didnt act that way.....If your car was tweaked it would be loose left and push right or more aggressive one way or the other...
Old 11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Man you sure your car isnt tweaked.....Just by adding about a 1/4ounce weight to the R/F of the chassis balanced my car and even without the weight it didnt act that way.....If your car was tweaked it would be loose left and push right or more aggressive one way or the other...
sounds like a similar problem i have. i will be purchasing 4 electronic scales and rebuild the car tonight. im putting back the ITF chassis. what i noticed was the car was uneven causing the car to be tweaked on the track. like you said.. push left, loose right.

after i rebuild tonight. i will do the scale test and if i can find my digcam... post pix.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
sounds like a similar problem i have. i will be purchasing 4 electronic scales and rebuild the car tonight. im putting back the ITF chassis. what i noticed was the car was uneven causing the car to be tweaked on the track. like you said.. push left, loose right.

after i rebuild tonight. i will do the scale test and if i can find my digcam... post pix.
I am running 13.5 w/LRP T/C spec sphere with the cap right next to it and spektrum reciever standing between the cap and servo 9550futaba and I was running the transponder on top of the servo however I found just by moving the trans to the R/F of the chassis does the same as adding the weights only problem is if your running 5cell or the type of cell for instance EP cells weigh more than IB cells.....This car keeps getting better w/every little change and its awesome when you get it perfectly balanced just takes time....
Old 11-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ITF Chassis?

Are you guys noticing any major improvements when using the ITF chassis on asphalt?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Colin F.
Are you guys noticing any major improvements when using the ITF chassis on asphalt?
I have not ran on asphalt myself....But I have heard guys having better luck w/the ITF top deck and o-ring setup and stock chassis...Are you having a certain problem...Cause I love the car and it seems to get better all the time just wish my driving did....
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prossi
here is my new tc5. This was one of the best quality cars i have built in the last 20 years of being in this hobby. I cant wait to get her on a race track!
a chassis shot would be nice
Old 11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

how can provide a nice picture of the top deck mod to create more sidebite... using the washers and o rings.. and a quick detailed description of how it goes together
Old 11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What gear are you running and where? From my reading a std 13.5 setup w 6 cells should require 1 to 1.5oz of weight on the left side of car. I haven't scaled mine but am running 1oz left with improved handling.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

My car does the same thing Hook left, push right I have done nothing as far as trying to get the balance yet although this was with a lipo.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Rookie

I have not ran on asphalt myself....But I have heard guys having better luck w/the ITF top deck and o-ring setup and stock chassis...Are you having a certain problem...Cause I love the car and it seems to get better all the time just wish my driving did....
I actually don't own a TC5 (or any touring car, at this point) but I'm considering a TC5 for some asphalt racing at Marin Hobbies and am wondering if its worth getting the ITF chassis and top plate.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Verndog
What gear are you running and where? From my reading a std 13.5 setup w 6 cells should require 1 to 1.5oz of weight on the left side of car. I haven't scaled mine but am running 1oz left with improved handling.
I am running a 116t spur and 40tooth pinion (64pitch)...I have 1/4 ounce on battery side(right side) right by the front arm....
Old 11-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Colin F.
I actually don't own a TC5 (or any touring car, at this point) but I'm considering a TC5 for some asphalt racing at Marin Hobbies and am wondering if its worth getting the ITF chassis and top plate.
Man for the money and the availability of parts from almost every LHS you cant beat this car and it continually gets better and better it is not without its flaws but AE has really put together a huge comeback w/this car....I love it and I applaued AE for stepping away from shaft drive and creating such a nice car..............Stop waiting and buy a TC5.......
Old 11-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tcmerf
My car does the same thing Hook left, push right I have done nothing as far as trying to get the balance yet although this was with a lipo.

Your tweaked and goodluck getting it ballanced it will require alot of weights...I think a few pages back you will see a lipo TC5 w/ the batt lined on the side w/weights and top I think ...good luck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.