Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 10-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smostyn
There is one at this site. I will be getting one shortly and I will let you know how it goes.
http://www.titaniumracing.com/produc...um=450&mnu=423
Thanks bro. I think Im going the wrong way. I need to get to like a 5.0 ratio for my orion 10.5.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tip to loosen front belt, cut more groves in outer cam holder so you can rotate the inner cam further forward.
Just make sure there even on both sides.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Are those the P-Dub bumpers?

...Jim
W.E.D.
no those are not by p-dub
Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

112/44 puts you at 5.09. I found a couple companies that make 100 tooth spurs. That should make it a little easier.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

My stock belts are in the loosest position. They seemed to have loosened up. This car has large pullies as it is. So I don't think they need to be super loose. Anybody think of cutting every other tooth off. Did this to my old XXXSG+'s stock belt back in the day. It helped alot. Wonder how many teeth are on the belts.

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 10-17-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
64 pitch is probably what your missing.....I am running 116/40
Cheers mate
Old 10-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

when the problem came up with the tight belts thats the first thing i did. i cut every other tooth off and they have even numbers. i race 19 turn onroad and carpet and it hasnt skipped yet. instead of buying all these other belts just do that worked for me.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Does it seem more free?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

o yea. it feels like there is no drag there. i also cleaned out the grease in the bearings but if you were to just clip the belts it would be fine. the way that i did it for the xxxs and the tc5 is just to use toe nail clippers. the asc belt has that plastic coating so its a little tougher to cut. but thats how i did it.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all, I've been out of the electric car seen for many many years. I've been racing Nitro Touring in FORGASS, Florida state series. But after the birth of my baby girl, I haven't had the time to go racing. But now I saw the new TC5, and heard the Electric Mod class taking off, so I went and watched a race.

I was shocked at the little they had to work on the cars, Li-Po batteries, and the speed. So I picked up 2 TC5's, one is a parts car. Novak 3.5R Brushless, and Orion 4800 Lipo.

With the help of one of my former team-mates with Kyosho helped me with the setup, I was able to dial the car in. After taking off of racing for a year, and with the car feeling good, I can say, if you haven't tried this car, or a mod class, you're missing out.

Here are my pics:

Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey has anyone had issuies w/the arm mount screws backing out? Or do you guys suggest thread lock on them. How many of you guys run foams on carpet? just wandering what tire compounds,shock oil and spring rates you guys are finding that are working well and how many of ya are runnin the sways.....My setup is working fine but still needs a few tweeks has a little push........Thanks
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
Hey all, I've been out of the electric car seen for many many years. I've been racing Nitro Touring in FORGASS, Florida state series. But after the birth of my baby girl, I haven't had the time to go racing. But now I saw the new TC5, and heard the Electric Mod class taking off, so I went and watched a race.

I was shocked at the little they had to work on the cars, Li-Po batteries, and the speed. So I picked up 2 TC5's, one is a parts car. Novak 3.5R Brushless, and Orion 4800 Lipo.

With the help of one of my former team-mates with Kyosho helped me with the setup, I was able to dial the car in. After taking off of racing for a year, and with the car feeling good, I can say, if you haven't tried this car, or a mod class, you're missing out.
Are you going to come out for the final state race next weekend in Daytona?
We run a Reedy style format 6 heads up races, 2 drops in the mod class. No lipo, but I'm sure someone will let you run some packs if you don't have any.
I run the tc5 myself, car is always dialed
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dbmartin
Are you going to come out for the final state race next weekend in Daytona?
We run a Reedy style format 6 heads up races, 2 drops in the mod class. No lipo, but I'm sure someone will let you run some packs if you don't have any.
I run the tc5 myself, car is always dialed

I wish I could. But the wife works on weekends, so I have my little 10 month girl with me. Hence why I stopped racing Nitro. Too much work, which I do like, but can't dedicate the time. Until I get either a trailer, or she gets a little older, I'm only able to race at PNP in Palm Bay. I'll be trying to make Superior soon, but that's a long day for her also.

Good luck @ the races
Old 10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey has anyone had issuies w/the arm mount screws backing out? Or do you guys suggest thread lock on them.
I sure have...the left rear especially. Running 3 deg toe, and using longer screw WITH thread lock and still lost the shims again last night. I guess I just need to check every run...period.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey has anyone had issuies w/the arm mount screws backing out? Or do you guys suggest thread lock on them. How many of you guys run foams on carpet? just wandering what tire compounds,shock oil and spring rates you guys are finding that are working well and how many of ya are runnin the sways.....My setup is working fine but still needs a few tweeks has a little push........Thanks
I run foams on carpet, and I am running Parma magentas front and back, and I am only dopeing the rear wheels. The only thing I have changed on my set-up so far was I went to gold springs, and the rest of the set-up is still the out of the box set-up. That seems to be woring for me, although I am still learing how to even drive a TC, yet allone how to drive on carpet as I am more of an off-road racer (I have only been raceing my TC5 for 3 weeks, and I am only 2 laps off of the pace of the fast guys).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.