Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Can you use Kimbrough or PRS spurs on this car?
RW Spurs will also work, that's what I have on my car.

Steve
Old 10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I have talked to bob often as well.. And i do understand that it takes time to find the magic setup or starting point. But to be honest.. the car has 1 full indoor season on it and not much has changed in the way of results on carpet.

Like i said before maybe i am wrong about the harder arms, but walt henderson had the same idea as myself and another local driver if he was trying to stiffen him FT arms at the IIC.

I will not say the car is not good, cause it is very good but there are a few option parts associated could sell that not only would bring in some extra cash, but probably also increase the performance of the car on foam tires on carpet.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Pretty soon the only people that will be racing foam tires on their sedans will be the guys with tire deals. All others will be running rubber tires and you won't need stiffer suspension pieces. Flame suit on.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Brandon and Rick, thanks for the clarifications.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

I have racing at indoor asphalt track with high grip, my TC5 seems very oversteering with the below normal setup

Spring F-blue R-silver
Oil F/R 40 with #3 piston
ITF upper deck
F arm mount 2A2A with 0 mount shim
R arm mount 3A3A with toe in 3

Does anyone know what is best setup for tight indoor asphalt
Old 10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Servo Saver

I finally busted the threaded barrel that holds the servo saver together..(one part I didn't stock )...After getting a new one and looking more carefully as to why, I believe I over tightened it. If you snug it too far, the "saver action" is no longer. I loosened it about 1/2 turn and blue locktighted it to give a bit more of the cam action...But. Directions say nothing about where to set. Is there a rule of thumb on where to best set this to keep slop to a minimum yet retain the cam saver action?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

It says in the instructions to tighten the collar until it is flush with the end of the blue barrel part
Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
I have racing at indoor asphalt track with high grip, my TC5 seems very oversteering with the below normal setup

Spring F-blue R-silver
Oil F/R 40 with #3 piston
ITF upper deck
F arm mount 2A2A with 0 mount shim
R arm mount 3A3A with toe in 3

Does anyone know what is best setup for tight indoor asphalt
Based on what you have listed here, there things you can do do "tighten" the car up to get closer to understeer.
If you add 1mm of mount shim to each of the front arm mounts, this will tame the car as you have the narrowest front end. Are you using a spool on asphalt?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats the differnce of a spool, one-way, and the diff that comes stock with the kit?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fathead
It says in the instructions to tighten the collar until it is flush with the end of the blue barrel part
OK...now I see that. Pic is not all that clear IMO...but makes sence since that is short of completely tight. . Thats about where I ended up "this time". Hopefully it stays in one piece.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Shock Help

Hey All,
Just started building my TC5 and want help with achieving zero rebound with the shocks. I don't know how to approach this as I am used to building Xray shocks. Any help would be appreciated in building these shocks.
-Kane
Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would it be possible to use TC4 4 Degree caster blocks part #31017 on my TC5 as a bandaid fix untill my new parts come in (so I can use my car firday night)?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Based on what you have listed here, there things you can do do "tighten" the car up to get closer to understeer.
If you add 1mm of mount shim to each of the front arm mounts, this will tame the car as you have the narrowest front end. Are you using a spool on asphalt?
Brandon, I know you are the expert on the car... But I added one degree of Anti Dive to the front and this help a lot with the taming down the steering... Just want to see what you think of this setting change... I'm using the setup EA gave me.. If this helps... I'm also running at 40% on the dual rate in the radio....
Old 10-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Thank you for your help

Yes, I have using a spool on asphalt with 5cell 4.5 Brushless, tried toward & backward battery position, backward is better for tight track and increase rear traction to get more stable, but the problem is when under acceleration to come out the corner the rear traction easy to break loose. Do u have a good solution to solve this problem?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
Thank you for your help

Yes, I have using a spool on asphalt with 5cell 4.5 Brushless, tried toward & backward battery position, backward is better for tight track and increase rear traction to get more stable, but the problem is when under acceleration to come out the corner the rear traction easy to break loose. Do u have a good solution to solve this problem?
make sure your diff is tight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.