Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

The rear belt is a little snug, however after you run the car for a day you will notice it has freed up.
As far as the closeness of the belt to the bellcrank post, yep that is normal.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi, my car seemed to be belt slipping under brakes with a 9 single. I don't have photos to show you, but I have checked them 10 times with magazine shots, photos from associated's website, and more. My other thought... is there anything else that would give the sound of a belt slipping? I'm a stock driver who's trying mod, so.... I know 51 that you said you have never heard the TC5 do this, but, I've had to tighten my cam settings a lot more. I've also heard people saying that the front belt should touch the top deck. Is this with much force, or hardly any force? Finally, with no load on the drivetrain (race ready with the motor out), when I spin the wheels, they do one rotation and come to a quick stop with the tightness of the belts. Is this about what everyone else' is doing?

Thank you everyone.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Are your belts slipping under braking or under acceleration? I have found that there is some play in the center shaft with the drive pulleys. The pin in the shaft is to small (for the molded part) and will allow those pulleys to move back and forth on the pin. It almost sounds like one is snapping their fingers.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

would the TC4 bones/CVD fit the TC5?

also, anybody tried making the Diff into a spool? does the composite outdrives hold?

thanks - jason
Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by highwayman

also, anybody tried making the Diff into a spool? does the composite outdrives hold?

thanks - jason
No the TC4's will not fit. They are standard size and the TC5 is metric.

We ran a front diff screwed together at the Reedy race and didnt have any problems in 19 turn. A few of the mod guys had some wear on theirs if they hit a curb and jumped in the air and landed on the brakes or gas.

EA
Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Brent,
I give you guys at AE BIG PROPS for creating this new TC. I've been through the TC3 to the TC4 era. I had to put more time on setting up the car to make it work. Lex a good friend of mine & one of your team driver helped me set up the car & made a 4 point screw on spool & the car worked great. Now I can concentrate on improving my driving & not worry about the setup.

-john
Old 06-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by highwayman

thanks - jason
Actually they will fit, the only downside to this is that you have to use tc4 hubs, steering knuckles, bearings, crush tubes, drive pins...etc. This will change the overall geometry slightly so this should only be used when in a pinch.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Actually they will fit, the only downside to this is that you have to use tc4 hubs, steering knuckles, bearings, crush tubes, drive pins...etc. This will change the overall geometry slightly so this should only be used when in a pinch.
I'd prefer people not even try to make them fit. As Matt said, there are a lot of little things that are different to make them work. The TC5 bones are very strong and should withstand quite a bit of abuse. Please use only the TC5 parts on the car.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Brent,
I give you guys at AE BIG PROPS for creating this new TC. I've been through the TC3 to the TC4 era. I had to put more time on setting up the car to make it work. Lex a good friend of mine & one of your team driver helped me set up the car & made a 4 point screw on spool & the car worked great. Now I can concentrate on improving my driving & not worry about the setup.

-john
Thanks John. I'm glad Lex was able to help you get started...now it's off to the track!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shev
Hi, my car seemed to be belt slipping under brakes with a 9 single. I don't have photos to show you, but I have checked them 10 times with magazine shots, photos from associated's website, and more. My other thought... is there anything else that would give the sound of a belt slipping? I'm a stock driver who's trying mod, so.... I know 51 that you said you have never heard the TC5 do this, but, I've had to tighten my cam settings a lot more. I've also heard people saying that the front belt should touch the top deck. Is this with much force, or hardly any force? Finally, with no load on the drivetrain (race ready with the motor out), when I spin the wheels, they do one rotation and come to a quick stop with the tightness of the belts. Is this about what everyone else' is doing?

Thank you everyone.
It should be pretty easy to make the top of the belt touch the top deck.

One thing to verify is that the diffs are installed on the bulkheads correctly. Looking from the back of the car, the front diff should be justified to the left and the rear diff to the right. Also, make sure your cams match left to right and the diff isn't placed in the car at an angle.

What track do you race at? Perhaps there is a driver there that has some experience with either the TC5 or another belt car with the cam settings that can assist you in diagnosing the problem. You should be able to run your belts on the loosest setting and not hear them slip or skip.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCB
Mine just arrived. Should have have it done in a couple of days

Looking to run on carpet next week. Thanks again for the info...

Do you when the arms, knuckles, etc will be in stock?? Need to order spare parts.

Juan,

when will you be at Horsham?

Later
Kevin
Old 06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default wtf

juan is coming back to carpet...wtf...
dude a pit table has your name on it already.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just received my TC5 kit today and I'm assembling the 40T pulley. I can't seem to get the pulley flange to stick well to the pulley with CA glue. Any recommendations for CA glue? Perhaps the type that I picked up is too cheap?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Initiate

but this "new" tc5 looks like yokomo BD or is only mine idea?

why at shizouka hobby show are exposed with a yokomo CGM drift car on side?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riccardo
but this "new" tc5 looks like yokomo BD or is only mine idea?

why at shizouka hobby show are exposed with a yokomo CGM drift car on side?

Mate, get over what it looks like and go buy one already! You wont be dissapointed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.