Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Okay you've talked me into one! Nothing but asphalt around here though. I normally run foams but will the rubber tires work better?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by corallyman
Brent,

That's kinda what I figured, just wanted to make sure though. Are you personally gonna keep racing TC for awhile or is this just between big off-road events for you? The Nat's are up here in Seattle this year.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve
We have the electric offroad nats next week and then a few weeks later are the onroad nats. After the offroad nats I will continue to run touring car in preperation for the nats at SIR. Hopefully I'll get to run at least 3 times before the event.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

On my way to get mine. What do i need that is not in the kit for asphalt? I may try the sanpaper thing for a spool right now and the orings to soften up the chassis but i dont know what size to get
Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Are you guys going to come out to CH and run some rug before Vegas?

Later,
E
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone has close-up pictures about the suspension blocks? I want to see if Associated has something on that area differently. I have too many bent screws (the ones mount the blocks) on my Xray T2.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tcmerf
On my way to get mine. What do i need that is not in the kit for asphalt? I may try the sanpaper thing for a spool right now and the orings to soften up the chassis but i dont know what size to get
I am not sure what size they are, but we use the shock o-rings.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Anyone has close-up pictures about the suspension blocks? I want to see if Associated has something on that area differently. I have too many bent screws (the ones mount the blocks) on my Xray T2.
I might have a picture that you are looking for here:

www.rctouringcar.com/tc5/
Old 06-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I am not sure what size they are, but we use the shock o-rings.
Yep, just the standard #5407 o-rings work fine.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
I haven't seen too many bent screws on the TC5s. Most of this is due to the large footprint of the toe-in shims. The block is supported throughout as opposed to just where the screw goes through.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EricF

Are you guys going to come out to CH and run some rug before Vegas?

Later,
E
I'm sure at some point we'll be out there testing. Competition Hobbies is still the best facility I've seen.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I learned one thing this saturday that no matter how good the car is it all depends on the driver. this guy came to our track and his tc5 was dialed and i just loved it when i ran one of his qaulifiers and i won that race beating the track record by 13 seconds and then during the a main he drove it and he lost to a kid who drives a sprint 2 rtr.( i was in the lead until the kid with the sprint 2 took me out)
Old 06-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob
......when i ran one of his qaulifiers and i won that race beating the track record by 13 seconds and then during the a main he drove it and he lost to a kid who drives a sprint 2 rtr.( i was in the lead until the kid with the sprint 2 took me out)
Impressive!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Mine just arrived. Should have have it done in a couple of days

Looking to run on carpet next week. Thanks again for the info...

Do you when the arms, knuckles, etc will be in stock?? Need to order spare parts.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

I looked around and it looks like Stormer has a good supply of parts. The only major thing I noticed they were out of was front arms and 4* blocks.
Alot of the rubber tire stuff is due this month

Originally Posted by JCB
Mine just arrived. Should have have it done in a couple of days

Looking to run on carpet next week. Thanks again for the info...

Do you when the arms, knuckles, etc will be in stock?? Need to order spare parts.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The belts will stretch a little but the TC5 belts will do so less than others. But that is what the adjustability is for. They can always be set perfectly. The drivetrain should be very free, even with new belts. The important thing is to set the belts so that they are not too tight, regardless of the starting point given in the instructions.

The rear belt should have about 3/16" deflection and the front more. The front belt should be able to at least touch the top deck when pressed down.

You can't set the suspension until you have the car completely built with everything installed and the desired tires mounted (and trued to the correct size if using foam). It sounds like you have too much pre-load on the springs. This is OK for now and will be adjusted later anyway when you set the ride height.

See the AE website for the droop (down travel) settings as these will need to be set correctly before anything else and can be done before everything is installed.
I've got the same issue, the rear belt is really tight,I rechecked the diff bearing cam holders and their okay, any ideas? Also, I noticed the front belt runs really close to the bell crank post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.