R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #1396
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Man Kevin I hope AE gives you a job because you do more PR for them than they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If not I'm pulling for you.

Hope to catch a touring race soon.

Brian
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #1397
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Diggity on the diff adjustments.

As far as the vertical ballstud goes... assuming the turnbuckle is level and adding/removing a .20 washer under the inner or the outer ballstud WILL produce a different result in how the car handles. Inside seems to affect the chassis roll more so, and outside seems to affect sidebite more so. Inner adjustment does affect sidebite, but it seems affected to a greater degree when adjusted with the outer ballstud, and you dont change the rollcenter AS MUCH as if you had changed the inner ballstud. For anyone that has been running a Tc3/4 the rear Losi hubs were a standard addition... i dont know too many people that havent used the Losi hubs for this very purpose. The only bad thing about using the outer ballstuds for washer adjustment is the amount of thread that is in the hub... if you use alot of washers then you need to add a longer ballstud and hope you have enough thread in the hub so it doesnt pull out. I use the black ballstud outside all four hubs for high bite and the silver ballstud for lower grip... and make my changes accordingly on the inner ballstuds with washers utilizing black ballstuds from qually to qually. The BAD thing about using shock tower mounted holes is the change is so large... usually .090 or more... i would make as little as a .020 change with the vertical ballstuds. With that pile of a T2 i ran for a while i decided how many washers i would use on the outer hubs and used a screw long enough to hold all of my washers and fill all of the threads in the hub, coming close to hitting the CVD. If i wanted to make a change then i would remove the screw, and move the washers around accordingly (some on top of the captured ball and some on the bottom... matching the change with the other side) with the same amount of threads going inside of the hub each time... and never having to hunt in my pit box for washers as they were right there on the screw... i never had a problem with the screw pulling out after that mod. That really has nothing to do with the AE car but, that was one of my gripes about the T2... its adjustments were very large changes in setup... those darn shock tower pivoting inner mounts were useless once you widened the car... they pretty much stayed in one place, you couldnt shorten the link anymore, OR make small changes. Im just hoping the TC5 doesnt end up doing the same thing, since its arm mounting system looks similar, and the horizontal inner ballstuds are on the shock tower.

Unfortunately, there are people that are only as fast as the setup, and cant wheel a car with god given talent. If i feel that a change needs to be made i cant drive the car to its potential, i am too distracted by the need for the change. Once its on a rail though... its another story. I know i know... thats my problem... stop whining... right? LOL
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #1398
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Asian is more likely.
actually, both formats are equally available and priced more or less comparably in Asia..
But it seems to me this is quite a smart business decision more than anything else, since you never ever see anyone asking for imperial screws in cars nowadays !
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #1399
Tech Regular

Hi,

car looks cool. Some nice ideas... I'm really interested how the steering will look in the finished product.
Just a few questions that I was asking myself after looking at the pictures:
No battery strap, right?!
The shock caps look a lot like the Yokomo ones. They are great BTW... Will they be included in the kit or do we have to deal with the standard plastic caps again?

Thanks
Cheers
Chris
powered by Nosram/Reedy
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #1400
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-932
The shock caps look a lot like the Yokomo ones. They are great BTW... Will they be included in the kit or do we have to deal with the standard plastic caps again?

Thanks
Cheers
Chris
Chris,

Those shock caps are the VCS2 shocks link , not the yokomo ones
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #1401
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey
hey rick is there any reason on that peak motor the older style end bell is used not the v2 is it beter on the 19t motor also has it got the laydown or standup brush cant remeber if it was the orion element or the peak dynasty with the laydown brushes
The old endbell is faster for 19T racing . I think these are laydown brushes, but i am not sure.
Greetings Victor
Old 01-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #1402
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

YAAWWWWWWN. T2007 baby.. the TC5 will just be an unrefined T2

lol im bored, go ahead and flame me... just stirring up the poop
Old 01-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #1403
Tech Elite

jokes aside...

Im actually excited to see the pricing on this thing. For some odd reason it seems totally acceptable for touring cars to sell for 400+US and 500+ if some champs name is glued to the box and the parts get anodized a custom color..

Back in the hay day of the TC3 you could not do much better in terms of bang for the buck. From RACER,TEAM to FT the car was identical on the track to 95% of most racers.

Losi and AE made in the USA on there box typically produce a kit that is cheaper then the rest. With everyone gone to the dual belt, battery pack down the right side it will be interesting to see a price war in this class. Will we see a low 300s$ $$ price point?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #1404
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Losi and AE made in the USA on there box typically produce a kit that is cheaper then the rest. With everyone gone to the dual belt, battery pack down the right side it will be interesting to see a price war in this class. Will we see a low 300s$ $$ price point?
The new Losi definitely doesn't have the battery down the side.

Also, it's probably more accurate to say "designed in the USA" or "distributed from the USA." I don't know for certain, but I don't think much of the actual manufacturing is done in this country anymore.

I think we can expect the car to perform on par with other high-end kits on the market today, with similar quality of parts. If the price is right, AE is going to have a winner on their hands, at least here in the states. And don't forget the aftermarket, they love Associated, and you can bet there's going to be all kinds of options available for the TC5 to fill any gaps, and to help keep the car current for years.

There's undoubtedly a segment of the sedan market that's looking for quality, easy access to parts, and a reasonable price. It's probably something the market really needs, and hopefully Associated is poised to fill that gap.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #1405
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

At the novak race last week the AE team said it would be price on par with the current sedans on the market.
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #1406
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Huh, I imagine that will be okay too. It definitely doesn't look like a budget car, it's got all the bling we've come to expect from a "luxury" sedan.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #1407
Tech Regular

Unless they also go the same route as HPI with the Cyclone "S" - the plastic version of the high end cars.
slots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #1408
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
The new Losi definitely doesn't have the battery down the side.
Yep i know that. i was using them as the other "Designed in the USA" sedan makers that do it cheaper
Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #1409
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Huh, I imagine that will be okay too. It definitely doesn't look like a budget car, it's got all the bling we've come to expect from a "luxury" sedan.
Except when i buy domestic 1:1 cars (which i don't ) i expect a lower price then comparable imports. So i expect the same with 1:10th
Old 01-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #1410
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Man Kevin I hope AE gives you a job because you do more PR for them than they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If not I'm pulling for you.

Hope to catch a touring race soon.

Brian

Hey Brian ,

Thanks for the props but I am East cost boy. I will tell you what if AE want to hook me up with one of the first TC5 off the line that would be cool
As for the the TC racing I am down for some but I am waiting for the new car to come out. After that I will hit a few races this summer

You or AE can drop me line at factoryteamkb@verizon.net

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote