Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralph_c
.... buy a 100% perfect car than one that's been rushed into production.

Ralph
with ANY car, let's not move into thinking everything will be perfect, only for the fact that there will always be something not perfect. if we set ourselves up for something that is perfect, and something is not right, then you'll get a whole bunch of people "whining" and "b!tching" again.

those are the same people who complained its taking too long, its the same people who complained its a "copy", etc etc etc....

i will take teh car for what it is worth, and race what is given to me, find out what neeeds to be worked, take and listen to the tips that each of us racers give into this hobby...

this is not to say they aren't releasing a car that is near perfect.

i have complete faith that AE always releases good products. i have no doubt about that. ive only owned AE and tamiya all through my years....

what what do we call perfect? a car that runs tarmac? a car that runs carpet? a car that turns both ways in a perfect circle?.. do you see what im trying to say?

so with that said, i cant wait for a new AE car, to understand the dynamics of it, find the weaknesses, strengths, and work on it to make it a car that *I* find enjoyable to run. not to run it because it is the 'flavor' of the month, or because everyone else has it, but to run it because i enjoy this hobby, and i enjoy "tuning" something to race.

lets all remember, this IS a hobby to enjoy.

ps. i want to see pics damnit!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Sure I see what you mean . When I said '100% perfect', I guess what I really meant was 'as good as they can make it'. Like you say, no car's going to be the best possible in every single way, in all conditions. Not quite sure the comment was worth such a long post though lol . I don't disagree with anything you've written to be honest...

Ralph
Old 01-06-2007, 06:44 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Second, we have ONE designer on this car. He is making this his priority, and is making sure it is done to the best of his ability before the vehicle goes out. The FT TC4 hasn't done very well (duh)....we need this to be a VERY good car...and if that means it takes a little longer to be completed then so be it.
Thirdly, the production of this vehicle is being done by Thunder Tiger. When the parts are done, they are sent to us to QC and approve. Then production is continued. Unfortunately, this takes time because of TT's local.
One designer? Whatever happened to two heads are better than one? Does this explain the TC4 being a sorta flop?
Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't TT an asian co. ? Will it be labeled made in Taiwan...LOL
Old 01-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I sat down with Bob on Thursday and we went through the car. The car that he was driving had a lot of production parts on it. The aluminum will be blue so that isn't going away. From what I saw it is going to be a very good car with plenty adjustments for all track conditions.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Edit: That was too mean, even for me. :-D

Last edited by syndr0me; 01-06-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

^^^
Old 01-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moonman

As an example the development of the Tamiya TRF415 series.

-Tamiya 415 came out february 2004 - the layout was the benchmark for the new generation of touring cars. Almost all manufacturers uses this motor / battery / drivetrain layout today !

-Tamiya 415MS out in november 2004 - same as previous except new lightweight suspension.

-Tamiya 415MSX out in november 2005 - main changes easy diff access bulkheads, lowered top deck for lower CG, aluminium diff.

-Tamiya 415MSX MR limited edition september 2006 - main changes new steering system, new efficient beltpulleys.

-Tamiya 415 MSXX will be out march 2007 - basically the same as the previous version but lower price.

I feel the TRF415 series have been a success story saleswise so Tamiya can't have done a really bad work.

I have both the first version the TRF415 and the latest TRF415 MSX MR
and the diffrence on track is very big. This just shows that development is constantly ongoing in small steps. I don't think even Associated could build a car that is still top level, big seller after 2-3 years from the release date. This because the development is going on faster and faster all the time. It wont stop as long as there is a big market for TC cars.

It will be intersting to see what approach Associated will take on the TC5.
The future will tell if Associated will experience the glory days of TC3 time again.

actually Atlas and Tech racing in Japan had the current design layout way before Tamiya did. the Atlas car was available in the US from www.integy.com a full year before the 415 came out. Tech had the MY02 Monster out before the 415.

being a Tamiya car owner racer, did you not see the fine print on the Tamiya 415 box where it says designed by......? .......can you say Tech.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
actually Atlas and Tech racing in Japan had the current design layout way before Tamiya did. the Atlas car was available in the US from www.integy.com a full year before the 415 came out. Tech had the MY02 Monster out before the 415.

being a Tamiya car owner racer, did you not see the fine print on the Tamiya 415 box where it says designed by......? .......can you say Tech.
Yes you are right. I know that TRF415 was designed in cooperation with Tech Racing. But In my earlier post I said that the TRF415 was the benchmark for the current generation of touring cars, with this I mean that all other cars were compared to the TRF415, at least in 2005 this was the case.

An Alex car from 2003 with this layout? I didnt know that please send a link.

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
DUDE,

I was taught if I did not have anything nice to say do not say anything. I think for some guys on these forums they should follow that rule and not post unless they have something nice to say.

Later
Kevin Boyle
I also want to state that I'm defenitely not brand loyal to Tamiya or any other brands in rc even if I currently races that now. I will always use the stuff I find best for me. It is so infected on these forums with brand X vs Y. Always when I write something negative about a product I try to explain in a balanced manner why I think this way. I't is always good with diffrent opinions even if they sometimes are negative. We are not the happy family going for a picnic. We are Racers
Old 01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I't is always good with diffrent opinions even if they sometimes are negative. We are not the happy family going for a picnic. We are Racers

Well fooey... i was hoping for some hot dogs and hamburgers.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I am looking forward to running more on road and worrying about runtime again once the TC5 is released, LOL.

I do find it odd that half the people will be upset if a car is sold without running updates included that improved the car during development(aka team racers)....But half will be miffed if a new car is released with the updated parts in the latest version of a kit as well.

I'm not sure if it is better to buy a kit that has been out 1 and 1/2 to two years, then buy the latest chassis, belt design, etc. before it can be assembled, or....

Buy a new updated version of the car?

I guess development costs money, just like trying to win a trophy does?

Lets face it, if we all didn't think this next car was going to put us in the winners circle we would keep what we have. Except for guys with A/E blood in the viens. LOL

On that note, i've seen some NON brand loyal racers go thru 3 or 4 different brand cars in one season! No wonder manufacturers want to come out with new stuff as often as possible. A new car every 8 months seems about right for ALOT of the racers i've raced with, but the result never changes, haha.

...Whew, that was too long a post.

...Jim
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
I do find it odd that half the people will be upset if a car is sold without running updates
is that like when the FT TC4 came out and we heard all the "no battery strap" people crying? ;-)
Old 01-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

I think its funny how these are the same complaints people were making when the tc3 was being developed. Also when the HPI Pro3 was being developed, and even the Pro4. It never comes out fast enough, but when companies put out a new flavor of the month car, they are coming out two fast.

I would say just relax, and wait for it to hit the streets.

C
Old 01-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Yes you are right. I know that TRF415 was designed in cooperation with Tech Racing. But In my earlier post I said that the TRF415 was the benchmark for the current generation of touring cars, with this I mean that all other cars were compared to the TRF415, at least in 2005 this was the case.
When Tamiya came out with the $400 415, thats when all of the other companies followed suit. Thats when all the cars got expensive, and your right, it was the benchmark to compare all the other cars against.

I haven't seen a car before the Tech have a similar layout to the 415.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Brent, Tony and Rick,

So how was the Novak Race??? Looks like a few in the B of Modified.

Rick ,
I think you said there was good base set up that was being tested how did that go?

I have so many more questions but I will save those for other post.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

Timmy Heiser was the only tc5 in the a mains he was in the stock a main

Brian Jucha another local to the trackside area won the 19t b main

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.